Studying at a university in America for students from foreing language-speaking countries begins with a special preparation program (due to the difference in national educational systems and due to the fact that most of our students do not pass special exams SAT , ACT, GMAT or GRE , which require for admission to most American universities). Such a program lasts a year and is usually conducted on the basis of international colleges at universities. Upon successful completion of the program, students in most cases can go directly to the 2nd year of either the same university, or make a transfer (transfer) to another university. The cost of such programs varies from state to state, from city to city. The most expensive options are New York and California. Let's take a look at the example of the most popular city that international students choose for admission - New York.
New York - Big Apple, melting pot of cultures, capital of the world. As soon as he is not called! Hundreds of cultures are combined here, different architectural styles are intertwined, representatives of various nationalities live. One of the largest and most beautiful cities in the world, a financial, political, economic, cultural and scientific center, it attracts hundreds of thousands of young people every year for higher education here. The cosmopolitan, trendy and free city opens its doors every year to thousands of children who want to study at universities, schools and colleges in New York. For many, the Big Apple becomes a city of dreams.
There are more than a hundred colleges and universities in New York, each educational institution has its own face, achievements in one area or another.
Why Choose New York Universities?
- New York is an open and foreign-friendly city. A student from any country will easily get used to it and make new friends among the same foreigners very quickly.
- It is a city of high culture. The world famous Metropolitan Museum, Metropolitan Opera, Solomon Guggenheim Museum, American Museum of Natural History, New York City Opera are located here.
- This is one of the centers of the US film industry - thousands of films and TV series known to everyone were filmed on the streets of New York.
- It's easy to get around in New York both day and night - the subway operates around the clock. It will not be difficult for students to get to any part of the city at any time of the day.
- There are hundreds of cafes and restaurants in New York with a wide variety of dishes from different countries. All foreigners will find food to their liking.
- Many New Yorkers live healthy lives, and there are bike and walking paths in parks and streets.
- Diplomas and certificates from American universities are recognized anywhere in the world.
- New York is a city in which cultural life never stops. There is always something to do and where to go, exhibitions, film screenings, concerts and festivals are held here every day.
- Most of the university campuses are located in the old cozy part of the city, in green areas. It won't take long to get to the university.
- In US universities, they provide practice-oriented fundamental education, many programs are taught on real cases.
- The city is home to The New York Public Library, one of the largest and most beautiful libraries in the world, the very cool library from the films Breakfast at Tiffany's, Spider-Man, The Day After Tomorrow and Ghostbusters ".
In New York, the cost of preparation programs for international students starts at $ 20,000 per year. On accommodation, food, hobbies and social life, you will need to spend from $ 25,000-30,000 per year (the exact amount depends on your lifestyle).