Despite the fact that in South Africa education and culture are not developed in the European countries, this state has a university, which is known all over the world - the University of the Witwatersrand (WITS). The beginning of the academic activity of the institution dates back to 1896. The campus of the University of Witwatersrand is of urban type and is located in Johannesburg.
In the ranking of universities in South Africa, this institution takes an honorable second place. The university is also included in the rating of institutions of the best and most prestigious in the world in terms of education level. In the institution you can study several disciplines and directions:
The University of the Witwatersrand is present in the TOP 300 ranking of the best higher educational institutions of the world, which provides the University with an impeccable reputation and high relevance.
The bachelor's program is presented in the following areas:
WITS is ready to accept up to 23 thousand students. A little less than 10% of university students are foreigners who are striving to obtain a quality education at a moderate cost. The university has about 1,500 high-level teachers. The University of Witwatersrand has established programs for the exchange of experience (and for students and teachers). The university is ready to provide every needy student with a place in the hostel. Students can also visit the library on the campus. Social networks will allow you to learn about the institution much more information - the university has official pages on Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.