Guidance on how to study in Cape Town. Top 10 schools and universities in Cape Town, study fees, rankings
- Education information
- Preparation for language tests for international students in Cape Town
- Higher education for foreign schoolchildren, students in Cape Town
- Adult Language Courses in Cape Town for international students
- Business Courses for International Students in Cape Town
- Vacation Language Programs for Children and Adults in Cape Town
- General information about Cape Town
LAL Cape Town Summer Language School
Study in Cape Town in 9 best educational institutions for children, pupils, students: you will find program descriptions, prices and reviews for every course. Our consultans will help you choose the right program of studies. Free admission services without intermediaries to our partner schools, colleges and universities in Cape Town. Official representatives. Discounts on the official prices are available for international students, places are limited.
Cape Town is the oldest and most beautiful city in South Africa, one of the business, cultural and educational centers of the country. The educational system in Cape Town is represented by several stages:
- Primary education;
- Secondary education;
- Higher education;
The best language schools and universities are concentrated in Cape Town, offering foreign students, teenagers, students a variety of educational programs. Schoolchildren and students who came to receive higher education abroad have access to bachelor's and master's programs with instruction in English. Language schools in South Africa offer students a large variaty of educational courses:
- Preparatory programs for university entrance;
- Vacation courses;
- Study of general Engslish;
- Business English.
The educational staff of Cape Town institutions is represented by certified specialists, leading teachers with extensive experience working with foreign students.
Main types of accommodation:
- Comfortable residences;
- In a host family.
Main advantages of the life among students:
- Make new interesting acquaintances;
- It will be inexpensive;
- Hone your intercultural communication skills.
Option of a host family will provide foreign students with complete immersion in the cultural, domestic and linguistic environment of South Africa.
Tuition fee of English-language education in South Africa is significantly lower than education in many English-speaking countries, and the quality of services allows the country's educational institutions to be included in prestigious educational rankings.
Studying in South Africa for any of the programs leaves foreign students enough time to visit popular tourist routes, get to know the city, historical and modern sights. Top places to visit in and around Cape Town include:
- The V&A Waterfront;
- Beau Cap;
- Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens;
- Castle of Good Hope.
Preparation for language tests for international students in Cape Town
Language education system in Cape Town for schoolchildren, adolescents and students from abroad includes preparation courses for popular language exams:
Programs are focused on foreign teenagers, students planning to study, work or permanent abroad. Preparatory courses in South Africa form the general language skills and special skills necessary to understand the essence of the test tasks and their successful completion, to obtain a high final score. The test preparation technique consists of two modules:
- In the first The second module introduces the structure and essence of the test tasks, includes exercises similar to the test ones.
- module, students improve grammar, lexical, spelling indicators, develop communication skills.
Upon completion of the preparatory courses, foreign students overcome the language barrier and significantly improve academic skills.
- The duration of the programs is from 2 weeks.
- Students age is 16+.
Higher education for foreign schoolchildren, students in Cape Town
Education in Cape Town for adolescents and students opens up opportunities for higher education in one of the best higher educational institutions of the country - the University of Cape Town. Best university in South Africa is included in international rankings and offers high-quality English-language studies in undergraduate and graduate programs. University study programs correspond to classic academic areas:
- Humanitarian sciences;
- Natural Sciences;
- Engineering, construction;
- Healthcare, medicine;
Teachers of the best university in Cape Town are leading experts, visiting professors and experts in their fields. Graduates of the University of Cape Town receive a diploma of international standard, apply for TOP positions in multinational companies, have intercultural communication skills and are fluent in English.
Advantages of higher education in Cape Town:
- Providing comprehensive support to students throughout the entire educational process;
- Modern material and technical base;
- Qualified teaching staff;
- Busy student life;
- Foreign students have access to educational materials of partner educational institutions;
- The educational institution has created all the conditions for teaching people with disabilities, there is a special department for helping the disabled.
Successful students or students who find themselves in a difficult life situation may qualify for a scholarship.
Adult Language Courses in Cape Town for international students
Education in Cape Town for schoolchildren, adolescents, students who want to improve their general command of English and develop communication skills is available in language courses for adult students in the best linguistic schools in Cape Town. The methodology of teaching general English courses includes work on the main sections of the language:
The main objective of the courses is the formation of fluent oral speech skills, overcoming the language barrier. The program is aimed at rapidly improving the quality of communication with native English speakers on business, educational and tourist trips.
Business Courses for International Students in Cape Town
Studying in Cape Town for international students includes programs in English for communication in a business environment. A specialized business course consists of 2 blocks:
- Improvement of general linguistic indicators (perception of oral speech, reading, understanding of written language, grammar and syntax, correct pronunciation, replenishment of the dictionary, appropriate use of idiomatic expressions);
- Mastering business communication skills in English (appropriate use of terminology and specialized vocabulary, conducting presentations, negotiations, conferences, writing letters and documents).
- The result is confident oral speech, mastery of business communication skills, improvement of the quality of written English. The educational courses is designed for students from 18+ years old. Usually, educational course starts from 2 weeks.
Vacation Language Programs for Children and Adults in Cape Town
Education in Cape Town for schoolchildren, teenagers and students includes vacation educational programs as the best option for combining studies and leisure. The combined courses program is designed to leave time for exploring the city - the oldest and most beautiful in South Africa - and its environs. Ranking of attractions in South Africa discover the unique natural and cultural sites located near Cape Town.
Cape Town linguistic schools offer several vacation programs with learning English in summer and winter:
English courses + rest
The teaching methodology for this course includes the formation of general language skills. For effective and quick assimilation of educational material, various forms of learning are used:
- Grammar exercises;
- Lexical dictations;
- Exercises for perception of oral speech by ear.
The main task of the teacher is to develop the ability to speak fluently and help children overcome the language barrier. Extracurricular activities are aimed at the practical development of knowledge gained in the classroom. The educational course is designed for students from 13 to 17 years old.
Family winter, summer English courses
Family English courses during the holidays involve participation in the educational program of the parent and child. Programs, forms of studying, topics for adults and children are different, and they spend leisure time together. The academic part of the course is aimed at improving the general language skills of students, everyday communication skills in English. The educational methodology allows to meet the educational needs of different age groups and spend a vacation together.
General information about Cape Town
General information about Cape town
|Region 2||City of Cape Town|
|Region 3||City of Cape Town|
The cost of living in Cape town
|Expenses - USD/Month.||Min.||Med.|
|Communications and utilities||91||83|
|Sports and leisure||18||54|
Accommodation options in Cape town
|Shared room outside of centre||226|
|Shared room in city centre||362|
|1 bedroom apartment outside of centre||321|
|1 bedroom apartment in city centre||491|
Coordinates Of Cape Town
|Elevation (STRM3)||25 m.|