- Spanish Camps in Europe for Children and Russian Schoolchildren: Advantages, Features
- The best Spanish camps in Europe: the cost, ranking, reviews
Today many educational institutions in Europe offer summer programs for students with the study of Spanish. Summer camp is a combination of study and rest, there are closely intertwined linguistic, adventure and academic aspects that complement each other. The education is conducted on the basis of centers, linguistic schools, secondary and higher educational institutions, many of which have high places in the rankings and excellent reviews. Courses have a very different orientation and are suitable for students with poor language knowledge.
Spanish Camps in Europe for Children and Russian Schoolchildren: Advantages, Features
The advantages of vacation education are obvious:
- Qualitative and carefully thought out programs
- The ability to learn Spanish from scratch
- The combination of leisure and study
- Complete language immersion
- A busy life, a lot of interesting activities
- Acquaintance with the culture and traditions of the country
- Possibility of adaptation to the education system and educational institution
- Highly qualified teachers and specialists
- Equipped to the best standards
- Participants from all over the world
- Certificate and contribution to the portfolio.
The Spanish language is the second in the world by the number of speakers: in total it is native to 437 million people, tens of millions more have mastered it in the process of studying. Spanish has the status of a state language in 20 countries of the world, is the working language of the UN and many international organizations, public authorities. Distribution of it every year is only growing, and therefore the number of institutions providing educational courses is growing. Summer programs in Spain, Switzerland, Belgium, Canada and other countries of Europe and the world are no exception.
The camp can be both daytime and full-day (with accommodation), the duration starts from 1 week, and the standard course lasts 2-6 weeks. Participants are divided by age and the initial level of knowledge:
1) Age groups:
- 8-11 years old
- 12-15 years old
- 16-18 years old.
2) Level of proficiency:
- A1 (initial)
- A2 (basic)
- B1 (medium) (Inicial)
- B2 (advanced) (Intermedio)
- C1 (Professional Ownership) (Advanzado)
- C2 (media) (Superior).
Actually the language course is held in small groups, numbering 6-10, maximum 14 people. Classes are held before lunch from Monday to Friday (sometimes Saturday), and time after lunch and weekends are devoted to leisure and entertainment. Teachers find an individual approach to each student, help to unlock the potential, and explain all difficult topics. Grammar, vocabulary, listening, exercises for the development of written and spoken speech are supplemented by constant practice, communication outside the class. Depending on the purpose, you can choose different types of education:
- Increase the level of ownership (standard, intensive)
- Tests and exams
- Academic language, admission to educational institutions.
The schedule is built in such a way that the participants do not forget that they have a vacation and enjoyed every minute of rest. Physical activity, various types of creativity complement each other, and the combination is chosen by the student himself at will. The program can also have a certain focus, for example, sports, creative, academic. Regularly arranged events and celebrations, excursions to places of memory and places of interest. A confirmation certificate is issued to each participant at the end of the program.
The host party provides participants with everything necessary. Accommodation and meals are organized according to the best standards: you can be sure that students will feel at home here.
- The most popular type of accommodation is the residence, mainly located on the campus of the institution: a bedroom for 1-2 people, bathrooms, living rooms, kitchen areas, many dormitories have rooms of different types of comfort and capacity. Employees around the clock help in solving all emerging issues, the buildings are security systems. Children feed 3-5 times a day in the canteens on campus, nutrition is balanced and takes into account all the needs of a growing body.
- The host family is a very interesting and common type of residence for the summer holidays: the student is provided with a bedroom in the house of a local family. In addition to a cozy home atmosphere, this type allows you to immerse yourself in the active communication, lifestyle and culture of the Hispanic family. All citizens accepting students are subject to strict control by employees and supervisory bodies. Meals - breakfast and dinner at home, lunch - in the camp.
- Also in some cases, accommodation in hotels or guest houses is possible (all conditions are negotiated individually).
The cost varies in different establishments, and also depending on the direction, content and other factors. The total cost usually includes:
- Language lessons
- Accommodation and meals
- Leisure (excursions included)
- Physical activity and creativity
- Educational aids
- Medical insurance (not always).
- Costs for issuing visas and documents
- Pocket money
- Medical insurance (not always).
For participation it is necessary to choose an institution / course, apply, pay for education. To think about booking a course is better in advance, as the demand for learning Spanish is great. List of required documents:
- Passport or identity document (and a copy)
- Parent / representative consent for compliance with the rules of participation
- Language level certificates (not always).
The best Spanish camps in Europe: the cost, ranking, reviews
Examples of summer camps:
- Agora International School Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain. Prestigious and very famous international school. Varieties: music, football, swimming, tennis. A large number of activities and excursions, classes with coaches and instructors. From 170 € per week.
- Sotogrande International School (SIS), Estepona, Spain. Saturated and exciting life, sport and creativity. Unique methods that make it possible to achieve significant progress in a short time. From 2,500 € for 2 weeks.
- Estavayer, Estavier, Switzerland. Preparation for exams or tests, preparation for studying abroad, raising the level of the language. Intensive classes, sports, activity. Groups of small numbers (up to 6 people). From 1,300 ₣ a week.
- Junior and Teen Camp, Flims, Switzerland. Language: grammar, vocabulary, listening, writing, speaking, developing active speaking skills, speaking, debating. Leisure: arts, crafts, physical activity, excursions, games and relay races. In addition: the possibility to extend the course, the choice of options. From 7,900 ₣ for 3 weeks.
- Stanstead College, Stansted, Quebec, Canada. An integrated approach to studying Spanish + culture, art and history of Canada, hiking, trips and nature (national parks, beaches, museums and galleries, recreation in the forest), creativity and art, handicrafts, carpentry, woodworking. From 4,600 CAD $ for 4 weeks.
- Enforex Malaga, Malaga, Spain. 20 lessons per week, the possibility of an additional week at a reduced price, a professional football course is available. From 1,490 € for 2 weeks.
- IH Lacunza San Sebastian, San Sebastian, Spain. A unique location on the sea coast at the foot of the mountains: you can surf, climb, culinary skills, drawing and many others; very popular hiking tours with a breakdown of the camp and tents. From 850 € per week.