If you decide to get a higher education in Canada , first you need to decide on the type of educational institution in which you will receive a specialty, and on the program itself. Higher education can be obtained both at universities and colleges. On the basis of a certificate of completed secondary education, students can study in 2-3-year programs Diploma and Advanced Diploma programs, and after studying for 4 years, a college graduate (like a university graduate) receives a higher education and bachelor's degree (Bachelor's Degree programs).
For admission you must:
- Get acquainted with the requirements of the university and the program. This includes the requirements for the list of documents, the age of the applicant, the level of knowledge of the English language, the average score of the certificate or diploma on the basis of which you are applying.
- Apply and pay registration fee from 50 CAD $ to 250CAD $
- Wait for a decision from the admissions office of the university. Some universities may request additional documents.
- If the decision is positive, the university sends a letter of admission. To secure a place, you must pay a deposit and, at least, the first semester of study.
- Next, you need to start looking for and booking accommodation. Students usually live in university residences, but many rent apartments / rooms or live with host families.
- Obtaining a visa. On average, the process of obtaining a visa to Canada (collecting and translating all documents, registering at a visa center, considering an application) takes from 1 to 3 months.
In order to increase the chances of enrollment, we recommend that you apply to several universities at once and do this one year before the expected start date of your studies.