Rzeszów University of Technology
Description of Rzeszów University of Technology
- Location: Rzeszow, Poland
- Year of foundation: 1951
- Language of instruction: Polish, English
- Number of students: more than 14 000
- Type of education: mixed.
Rzeszow University of Technology (PRz) is the oldest state university in Poland, founded on the basis of an engineering school.
The university consists of seven faculties:
- Civil, Environmental Engineering, Architecture
- Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering
- Mathematics, Applied Physics
- Mechanical engineering, aeronautics
- Mechanical and technological engineering.
Every year, about 11,000-14,000 students study here in bachelor's and master's programs. In 28 specializations, eduaction takes place in English. Among the students about 150 people are foreigners, mainly from Vietnam, Ukraine, Portugal, Turkey, Spain, Italy. The teaching staff includes about 900 professors, candidates of science, teachers.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Rzeszów University of Technology
Accommodation, meals, prices
The campus of Rzeszów University of Technology includes seven student dormitories: Akapit, Alchemik, Aviata, Ikar, Nestor, Pingwin, Promień, where about 2500 students can live. Fully furnished buildings are equipped with internal, external telephone communication, Internet access. In the dormitories there are gyms, laundries, shops, they are surrounded by green spaces for recreation.
Single rooms are few, so they are intended only for people with disabilities. Students are responsible for the cleanliness of the premises.
Monthly rent varies from 100 to 120€ depending on the type of room.
Activities Rzeszów University of Technology
At Christmas, students, special guests, an orchestral ensemble gather to share Polish Christmas traditions: dances, carols, a gift festival, etc.
In May of each year, students celebrate Juvenalia – the "Holiday of Youth", when the mayor of Rzeszów hands students the keys to the city for three days as a symbol of its management.
- PRz is one of the ten best higher education institutions in Poland.
- Participation in international rankings, competitions: Webometrics Ranking of World Universities, University Rover Challenge, etc.
- The university participates in the Erasmus program, supporting bilateral exchanges both at the university level and individual faculties.
Facilities and equipment at Rzeszów University of Technology
PRz is a modern research center that combines scientific ideas and industry. The campus offers a wide range of teaching materials, a modern research laboratory, scientific equipment. The institution's library has the largest collection of technical books in southeastern Poland.
Also at the university work:
- Aviation Center
- Gliding Sports Center
- Department of Foreign Languages
- Center for Sports, Physiotherapy.
On the campus, faculty buildings with classrooms, computer classes, a cinema, event rooms, and canteens have been built.
Since 1994, the institution has been publishing the Polytechnic Bulletin, a journal covering the life of the campus, awarding researchers, and new scientific projects.
Admission dates and extra charges
Dates of the academic year:
- Winter semester: October-February
- Summer semester: February-September.
- Christmas: December-January
- Easter: the first week of April.
Exams are held in February and July. The schedule of classes depends on the chosen course, the duration of education- from the form: full-time or distance. The annual study contains 60 credits, the semester - 30 credits.
- Accommodation, meals
- Medical care, insurance
- Books, consumables
- Personal expenses.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
You can apply for admission on the official website of the university.
General requirements for applicants:
- Completed application form
- Original High School Diploma/Bachelor's Degree
- Certificate confirming knowledge of English/Polish not lower than level B2
- Personal documents (passport, residence permit, insurance policy, medical certificate, etc.).
Foreign applicants must translate all documents into Polish or English, certify them at the notary.
- Winter Semester: End of June
- Summer semester: end of October.
Scholarships Rzeszów University of Technology
The European Union within the framework of the program "EU4Belarus: Solidarity with the People of Belarus" is holding a competition for a scholarship EU4Belarus – SALT (Support for Advanced Learning and Advanced Training) for Belarusian students who are already studying at universities in Lithuania, Latvia and the Czech Republic, Poland. The scholarship is provided for the entire period of study, is 450€ per month. Students can apply for one of the following criteria:
- Those who were subjected to repression during protests in connection with the presidential elections of 2020 and were forced to leave Belarus
- Persons experiencing financial difficulties or lacking sufficient means to live in one of the four countries listed
- Persons with disabilities.
Bekker NAWA and Ulam NAWA are two programs that provide scholarships to individual scientists. Bekker NAWA is designed for postgraduate students and scientists working in Polish universities and research institutes. Ulam NAWA, in turn, is dedicated to scientists with a Ph.D. degree or higher who work abroad.
The Immanuel Kant Fellowship provides funding for doctoral students studying transnational and transcultural relations in Eastern Europe, especially in relation to the German-speaking population. It includes a monthly payment of 1550€ for a period of two years + additional allowances for relatives to study abroad.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Rzeszów University of Technology
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.