AGH University of Science and Technology
Description of AGH University of Science and Technology
- Established: 1919
- Type: State Higher Educational Institution
- Location: Krakow, Poland
- Number of students: 36,000
- Language of instruction: Polish, English.
AGH University of Science and Technology (Akademia Górniczo-Hutnicza, AGH) was founded in 1919 and is one of the strongest technical higher education institutions in Poland. The University is in the TOP 10 of the best universities in the country and conducts research at a high world level in various fields of knowledge.
AGH is a member of the OpenCourseWare Consortium (OCW) and the European University Association (EUA).
Programs and prices, tuition fees in AGH University of Science and Technology
Accommodation, meals, prices
The educational institution offers its students a dormitory, designed for 8,000 beds in 20 houses.
Cost of living = 86 € -100 €.
- Two specialties of AGH were in the TOP 50 in the international ranking of educational programs Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2017 (mining and metallurgical engineering)
- The student is given the opportunity to simultaneously study subjects of various specialties and change the direction of training after finishing the first level of education
- The university has developed international exchange programs (Erasmus +, SMILE, TIME, CEEPUS, etc.)
- Before graduation, 70% of graduates are already employed.
Facilities and equipment at AGH University of Science and Technology
The AGH campus is located in the very center of Krakow and includes:
- The library
- 800 modern laboratories
- A computer belonging to the 100 most powerful computers in the world.
Admission dates and extra charges
The university has a two-semester academic year.
- Entrance fee = 200 €
- Registration fee = 20 €
- Cost of living in Krakow = 321 € -606 € / month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the university, you must provide a document of education and a certificate of proficiency in English / Polish at B2 level.
AGH selection committee reserves the right to conduct additional testing, interviews or request recommendations.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about AGH University of Science and Technology
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.