- Why do so many people want to go to The University of Berkeley?
- What to do at The University of Berkeley?
- How to enter Berkeley with increased chances?
Enrolling in Berkeley is quite difficult - there are 4-5 candidates per place, depending on the specialty: this is one of the largest US universities with a strong teaching staff and a long history. During the Second World War, an atomic bomb was created here, scientists discovered chemical elements, and investors and the state invest millions of dollars in research conducted at the university.
Why do so many people want to go to The University of Berkeley?
Joining Berkeley is prestigious and profitable. A university diploma is appreciated on all continents, graduates get a good job in international companies with multi-million dollar turnover - admission to Berkeley is a good start for a career. The university is located in California, in an area with a mild and warm climate, and covers an area of 500 hectares, which is comparable to a small town.
The history of the university is known for the active position of students: in the 1960-1970s there were many protests related to anti-war requirements. But today the university is quiet and calm. It offers an original approach to solving many problems and conducts dozens of studies in laboratories equipped with the latest technology.
There are many prominent Americans and foreign students among Berkeley graduates, including 29 Nobel Prize winners. Of the famous people here have received an education:
- Jack London - writer and socialist
- Gregory Peck - Oscar-winning actor
- Gordon Moore - Intel Founder, Scientist
- Stephen Wozniak - one of the co-founders of Apple
- Eric Schmidt - a billionaire who earned $ 63 billion
- Douglas Carl Engelbart is the creator of a text editor and hypertext.
Berkeley is one of the first universities to post lecture courses on his YouTube channel: anyone can listen to courses from renowned teachers. In recent years, several inventions have pleased here: an innovative display for the visually impaired and an invisible bottle that disappears from view due to the acoustic effect. Not only Americans study here, but also many foreign students from around the world.
The University of Berkeley is attractive to students because:
- The university has 8 museums, including an art museum, which contains 13,000 works of art and 10,000 films
- The Lawrence University Lab, known for great discoveries: many chemical elements were found here, including California and plutonium
- The number of students in groups does not exceed 30
- The library has more than 10 million books
- There are 30 sports sections in Berkeley - over the years of their existence, university graduates have earned 103 gold medals at the Olympic Games.
Berkeley faculties allow you to study not only at the undergraduate, but also enter the master's program - a total of 350 programs are available at 130 faculties and departments, there is the possibility of obtaining a double diploma. Students often prefer 6 specialties:
- political science
- electrical engineering
- business school
What to do at The University of Berkeley?
To enter Berkeley, it is important to pass the documents on time and pass the entrance exams, the tasks of which include not only confirmation of erudition, but also confirmation of the presence of outstanding personal qualities.
To enter the baccalaureate, you need:
Translated, with estimates for the last 2-3 years
Minimum 220 and 7 points respectively
One general and two substantive exams are taken
His tasks include the disclosure of internal potential and leadership qualities.
Financial Security Guarantee
In many cases, grants can be obtained.
Studying and living at Berkeley is expensive - on average, with all the associated costs of 53,000-59,000 $. For talented candidates with good potential, the selection committee has developed a system for how to proceed without financial security - a number of grants and scholarships cover part or all of the cost of увгсфешщт.
How to enter Berkeley with increased chances?
You can enroll in Berkeley with an advantage by attending a foreign school. In the USA there are pre-university programs that increase the chances of enrollment: Advanced Placement (complicated), High School Diploma (universal), International Baccalaureate.
By attending the Berklee School and Student Courses, you will increase the chances of successful admission: