- Education in Toronto for foreign students: where do international students under 18 study in Canada?
- The system of higher education in Toronto: subtleties, nuances, details
Education in Toronto for foreign students is popular primarily due to the large number of technical specialties, the practical focus of education. Foreign students choose Canada for obtaining certificates and prestigious diplomas for many reasons: good climate, the friendly attitude towards guests from other countries, the prestige of Canadian diplomas in the world employment market. It should be mentioned the fact that the cost of studying in Toronto for foreign students is lower than in many other countries (USA, Switzerland, Great Britain), then there are even more bonuses for foreign students.
Education in Toronto for foreign students: where do international students under 18 study in Canada?
Under Canadian law, children must be compulsory from the age of 6 or 7. Where do international students under 18 study in Canada? From the age of 4, children are admitted to kindergartens, in which educational programs are held in a playful way, and pre-school institutions accept foreign students even with poor knowledge of the language. A primary school in Toronto is designed for students from 6 to 12 years old, secondary - from 12 to 16, senior classes are designed for students from 16 to 18 years old. There are separate educational institutions for boys and similar ones for girls. Coeducational schools offer both linguistic study programs and a bias in the exact sciences. Most popular schools in Toronto:
- Upper Canada College is a prestigious educational institution for boys. Upper Canada College has over 60 different sections and circles, with priority in-depth study of ecology and environmental issues.
- Trafalgar Castle School - an elite private school for girls. The main language is English, French is optional. Students under 10 to 18 years old are accepted both for traditional full-time education and for girls on the school premises (full board). The school pays great attention to the sports training of students: several playgrounds located outdoors, three tennis courts, a squash field and much, much more.
The system of higher education in Toronto: subtleties, nuances, details
Canada has a high standard of living, which is why the higher education system in Toronto is so attractive to foreign students. Learning is beneficial for several reasons:
- The universities of Toronto ideally combine study and relaxation for foreign students, holidays, travels, and exciting sports events are popular throughout the school year.
- In prestigious universities in Toronto, all laboratories are equipped according to the modern requirements of the educational process.
- Having a diploma of academic higher education received in Toronto is an ideal way to obtain Canadian citizenship if you want to stay in this country for permanent residence.
- In Canada, there are 2 official state languages, a large number of representatives of different nationalities, so the “wrong” emphasis does not cause rejection among the country's indigenous people.
- The cost of higher education in Toronto is slightly lower than in the United States or England. The minimum tuition per year is 10,000 CAD $.
- There is a unique opportunity for foreign students to study at a Canadian university on a budgetary basis. In Canada, popular free programs have been developed for foreign students with sporting achievements or outstanding academic excellence. The university also pays for accommodation.
- Higher education in Canada is second in the world in popularity due to its quality of educational services and the professionalism of teachers. A total of 260 higher education institutions in the country, in which only 200,000 students are foreign students. Universities are divided into public and private. Universities are listed an order of magnitude higher than colleges, since only here you can get degrees.
1) The University of Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning is among the TOP-5 best universities in Toronto and is aimed at those wishing to receive a technical specialty. The university has a wide selection of the professions most in demand today, therefore, upon graduation from this educational institution, employment in Canada is practically guaranteed for graduates. For foreign students, courses of in-depth study of English, summer shifts in a linguistic camp were developed. The cost of education is from 15,000 CAD $ per year.
2) Seneca College Toronto - one of the most prestigious educational institutions in the country. Advanced educational programs are aimed at employing graduates in top international enterprises. Prices - from 17,000 CAD $ per year.
3) Centennial Сollege Toronto is a multinational university in Canada, annually hosting foreign students from more than a hundred countries. This elite institution has a reputation as the best innovative higher educational institution in the country. In the process of education, teachers from other universities and even countries are invited, the practice is ideally consistent with theoretical classes. The cost of education is from 14,500 CAD $ per year. Almost all universities and schools have developed summer programs, summer linguistic camps for foreign students work even with poor knowledge of the language.