Open University Malaysia was founded in 2000 and became the country's seventh private university. The main goal is to popularize higher education and scientific activity among Malaysians.
The university has an APEL program: people who have relevant work experience but have no education can be enrolled in Open University Malaysia without exams, subject to confirmation of qualification. The following training programs are suitable for these conditions:
OUM offers over 70 specialties, the most popular of which are:
The learning process is a symbiosis of distance and full-time, where the leading role is given to independent work. For additional clarification of the material, you can meet with the course curator or use the learning management system to communicate on the forums.
Students can send all the test work both through their personal account and by mail - in this case, it is necessary to provide the teacher with a receipt for sending. After that, the teacher either puts a mark or does not accept the work. The student is entitled to receive comments or remarks.
Since the university focuses on online learning and student comfort, a partial visit to the university is implied: the system of city departments is thought out, so that a suitable student can choose based on proximity to the place of residence, personal preferences, etc.
Each student has access to a digital library, which contains electronic modules, video lectures, educational materials and resources.
Since the university practices an individual approach, training can begin at any time immediately after submitting documents and full payment.
Open University Malaysia has an extensive system of additional costs:
To become an entrant, you must fill out an online form on the site - this will be considered an applicant's application form. If the application is approved, the applicant will receive an invitation letter in response. Registration is open, so a future student can come at any convenient time and provide:
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.