Open University Malaysia
Description of Open University Malaysia
- Established: 2000
- Location: Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
- Language of instruction: English
- Rating: one of the top 30 universities in the country
- Number of students: 75,000.
Open University Malaysia was founded in 2000 and became the country's seventh private university. The main goal is to popularize higher education and scientific activity among Malaysians.
The university has an APEL program: people who have relevant work experience but have no education can be enrolled in Open University Malaysia without exams, subject to confirmation of qualification. The following programs are suitable for these conditions:
- Undergraduate (candidate must be over 21 years old)
- Master (candidate must be over 30 years old and have STPM or A-levels).
OUM offers over 70 specialties, the most popular of which are:
- Business and management (bookkeeping, business management, HR administration, management, marketing)
- Humanities (education management, pedagogy, the latest educational technologies, learning English, pre-school education, primary education)
- Natural Sciences
- Journalism and social sciences (communications, Islamic studies, political sciences, psychology, sociology)
- Engineering (chemical engineering, civil engineering, electrical engineering, industrial management, mechanical engineering, production technology, safety engineering)
- Art and design
- Computer science (computer networks, electronic commerce, information science, multimedia, software)
- Medicine and health (medical sciences, care)
- Agriculture (environmental studies)
- Veterinary science
- Tourism and hotel business.
The learning process is a symbiosis of distance and full-time, where the leading role is given to independent work. For additional clarification of the material, you can meet with the course curator or use the learning management system to communicate on the forums.
Students can send all the test work both through their personal account and by mail - in this case, it is necessary to provide the teacher with a receipt for sending. After that, the teacher either puts a mark or does not accept the work. The student is entitled to receive comments or remarks.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Open University Malaysia
- The university practices a flexible curriculum: a student can study at his own pace, anytime, anywhere, without sacrificing work and personal life
- If the applicant has previously studied at the university, he can count on the accreditation of disciplines
- Students create their own curriculum by adding and removing courses through the online cabinet, which is created upon admission
- Students have the right to appeal if they are not satisfied with the grade.
- Seminars, lectures, conferences, assessment journals and exams - everything is held in an online format
- In order to submit documents to the university, you just need to fill out the form on the website and visit the department closest to the house
- The applicant has the opportunity to obtain initial knowledge in preparatory courses - successfully passed the subjects will be counted upon admission.
Facilities and equipment at Open University Malaysia
Since the university focuses on online learning and student comfort, a partial visit to the university is implied: the system of city departments is thought out, so that a suitable student can choose based on proximity to the place of residence, personal preferences, etc.
Each student has access to a digital library, which contains electronic modules, video lectures, educational materials and resources.
Admission dates and extra charges
Since the university practices an individual approach, education can begin at any time immediately after submitting documents and full payment.
Open University Malaysia has an extensive system of additional costs:
- Exam Location Change Fee - RM50
- Accredited translation - RM100 / item
- Postponement for a semester - RM100 / subject, etc.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To become an entrant, you must fill out an online form on the site - this will be considered an applicant's application form. If the application is approved, the applicant will receive an invitation letter in response. Registration is open, so a future student can come at any convenient time and provide:
- National Registration Identity Card
- Original and copy of a recognized academic certificate
- The original and a copy of the letter confirming the profile work experience (if it was indicated in the questionnaire)
- Two passport size photographs.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Open University Malaysia
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.