* OCAD University
Description of OCAD University
- Established: 1876
- Type: State Higher Educational Institution
- Location: Toronto Canada
- Number of students: 4600
- Language of instruction: English.
Ontario College of Art and Design (OCAD University, OCAD U) was founded in 1876 and is the highest public educational institution in Canada. The university specializes in fine arts and design programs. 4,600 undergraduate and graduate students study at OCAD U, 10% of whom are foreign nationals.
The university is a member of the following associations:
- Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC)
- Council of Ontario Universities (COU)
- Association of Independent Colleges of Art and Design (AICAD)
- National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD).
Programs and prices, tuition fees in OCAD University
- The university has developed international exchange programs and internships in various companies, which allows you to gain additional practical experience.
- Part of OCAD U Higher Education Programs Can Be Held in Florence
- The university building is the most outstanding technical project according to Canadian Consulting Engineering.
- The University received the Royal Institute of British Architects Award in the Building Cross Section award.
Facilities and equipment at OCAD University
The university campus is located in Toronto's Grange Park and includes a library, 19 research laboratories and a sports complex.
Admission dates and extra charges
OCAD U has a two-semester school year.
- The cost of living in Toronto = 802 $ -1365 $ / month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the university you must:
- Education document + insert with grades for the last 2 years
- Certificate in English:
- IELTS6.5 / TOEFL80 (Undergraduate)
- IELTS7.0 / TOEFL90 (master)
- Motivation letter
- Portfolio (provided according to the chosen specialization).
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about OCAD University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.