University of Nipissing
Description of University of Nipissing
- Established: 1992
- Location: North Bay, Ontario, Canada
- Number of students: 9000
- Language of instruction: English, French
- Type: state.
Nipissing University was founded in 1992 at the College of Lawrence University. Since 2001, the university has the right to assign academic degrees.
One of the main directions of the university’s work is international cooperation. For example, in conjunction with the College of Canada, curricula were developed:
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminology and Criminal Justice, thanks to which students can immediately receive two diplomas - college and university
- Upon completion of studies at the University of Nypissing, students of the specialty "Social Security and Development" can receive a diploma from the College of Canada at the specialty "Social Worker"
- In partnership with Canadore, the undergraduate nursing program allows students to access college simulation labs
- The program "Environmental Technologies and Science" offers a university and college diploma in the specialty "Environmental Protection".
The Student Union, which is the official body protecting the interests of students, operates on the basis of the university. Students themselves choose the head of the organization, which manages the academic processes and activities.
The University of Nipissing has a NUWork program that allows students with financial difficulties to work part-time on campus. NUWork members are limited to a maximum of ten hours of work per week and have a flexible schedule that takes into account class schedules. Students are offered positions such as research assistants, sports facility employees, or maintenance staff.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in University of Nipissing
Accommodation, meals, prices
University dormitories offer two accommodation options: in quadruple and six-bed rooms. Features of accommodation:
- Cable TV in each separate bedroom
- Campus City Bus
- Coin laundry facilities in each complex
- Common area for study groups or social events
- Shared television rooms
- Game room
- Post office in each residential complex
- Onsite staff
- Smoking ban
- Telephone with voicemail in all rooms
- Video surveillance of the premises.
- Comprehensive Student Assistance Program
- The authoritative body of self-government is the Student Union
- Modern material and technical base
- Small study groups
- Qualified teaching staff
- The possibility of obtaining two specialties at the same time.
Facilities and equipment at University of Nipissing
Nipissing University is a modern campus with:
- Comfortable dormitories
- Extensive library
- Modern gyms
- Assembly Hall
- Equipped with appliances and fully furnished classrooms
- Self-study rooms
- Walkways for walks.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
In order to become a student , an applicant must provide:
- Certified translation of the certificate of general secondary education with an assessment in English
- Certificate of English Proficiency
- Motivation letter
- Autobiography (if necessary).
For admission to some specialties, passing entrance exams is required.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about University of Nipissing
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.