Initially, it was a separate faculty of foreign languages of the Pedagogical Institute, which lasted until 1993 - since then the university has been a leader in the field of translators and teachers, it is the most popular university in Belarus among foreigners. University graduates receive prestigious positions in educational institutions, engage in translation practice, go to work in other countries. A large number of graduates work as researchers in international companies, guides, journalists, logisticians, editors and so on.
Within the walls of the Minsk State Linguistic University, 16 languages are studied: students choose 2 core plus have the opportunity to choose less popular languages as additional courses. At the university you can even study Persian and Korean! Teachers and students take part in international conferences and symposia, an exchange program with universities in other countries.
Having received initial knowledge, graduates can build a career in international companies or in the teaching field.
Students can live in 4 dormitories: first of all, places are allocated for foreign citizens. On the territory of the university there is a cafe where you can have a bite to eat or dine.
The university has at its disposal a research center and library. The language centers are familiarizing themselves with the traditions and culture of different peoples of the world. Attention is also paid to the physical education of students and university employees: sports sections, a gym are open.
The academic year, as in most universities in the country, is divided into 2 semesters: autumn and spring. Each semester ends with an examination week, during which student performance is summarized. Additional costs are: from $ 115 to $ 183 per month for rental property, from $ 95 to $ 205 per month for meals and from $ 40 per month for other expenses: mobile communications, transportation, leisure.
Reception of documents is carried out until mid-July, from the end of July to the beginning of August (2-3 days) an additional set is carried out in the presence of remaining places. Applicants pass a general computer test, an interview with members of the selection committee can be scheduled.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.