Canadais an amazingly beautiful country with a high standard of living and quality education. Many students come to Canada for a master's degree, and this is no accident - master's programs in Canada are distinguished by interesting content, a unique approach to the learning process, as well as reasonable prices. There is no free tuition in Canada, but it is relatively budget-friendly, especially when compared to England or the United States. You can also win a grant that will cover part of the tuition costs, and get a student discount. Studying for a master's degree in Canada is a step into the future! Master's programs in Canada last 1.5-2 years.
Advantages of studying in Canada
- Affordable price
- Ability to combine work and study
- Valuable diploma
- Possibility of further immigration
- Wide range of programs and specialties
- Possibility of obtaining scholarships and student discounts.
To enter Canadian universities for a master's degree, you will need:
- Completed admission form from the university
- Copy of passport
- Copy of school certificate
- Transcript of items and grades
- Copies of academic diplomas and certificates
- Certificate of English proficiency IELTSor TOEFL.
To obtain a student visa to Canada, the following documents are required:
- Passport, copies of previous passports
- Copies of Russian passport
- 2 photos
- Letter of Acceptance – confirmation of admission to the University of Canada
- Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294) — completed questionnaire
- Family Information Form (IMM570) — questionnaire with family information
- Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257) — questionnaire with additional information about the student
- Essay, motivation letter
- Bank certificate of availability of financial resources
- Documents confirming the connection with Russia.
There are about 95 public and private universities in Canada. Programs are conducted in English and French.
The most popular are master's programs in the following areas:
- Business Administration
- Engineering, computer technologies
- Biotechnology, nanotechnology
- Pharmaceuticals, nuclear physics
- Aircraft and rocket engineering.
Studying Master's programs lasts 1-2 years. There are two types of master's programs: educational - Taught programs and scientifically directed - Research programs. They also affect the duration of studying.
In general, undergraduates try to develop the ability to analyze the situation, justify their position and independently draw conclusions. Each master's program also includes internships - from a month to a whole semester.
Students have the right to earn 20 hours a week. On average, a year of living in Canada without tuition fees will cost $ 8,000-$ 13,000.
University of Toronto = from $22,000/year
Canada's leading educational research institution, one of the world's best universities.
Why study at the University of Toronto?
- Leader in Research and Innovation
- Most master's programs
- Students from different countries – international environment
- Qualified teachers.
University of Ottawa = from $10,000/year
The most popular programs are:
- Engineering & Technology
- Life Sciences and Medicine
- Social and natural sciences
- Chemistry and Biology.
The structure of the educational institution includes a large student library, a comfortable hostel for foreign citizens, sports complexes, research centers and laboratories, cafes and canteens. The university is equipped with everything necessary to create a pleasant atmosphere for students in studying and living.
- Indigenous Studies
- Art history
- Women's Studies
- Public administration
- Russian Language and Culture
- Social work.
University of Montreal = from $9000/year
Reasons to study at the university
- Professional specialists
- Interesting programs in the magistracy
- Opportunity to study rare narrow specialties
- Great attention to medicine, biotechnology and pharmacology
- Large state-of-the-art laboratories for projects and research
- Opportunity to engage in scientific developments in the field of astronautics.
Other universities in Canada with affordable prices:
- McGill University — 7 563$
- University of British Columbia — 5 898$
- University of Alberta — 18 190$
- McMaster University — 17 346$
- University of Waterloo — 17 600$
- University of Ontario Registration — 19 183$
- University of Calgary — 9 800$
- Queens University — 21 238$
- Simon Fraser University — 8 342$
- Dahlhouse University — 7 000$
- Victoria University — 19 030$
- Laval University — 24 602$.