Lviv National University
Description of Lviv National University
- Founded: 1661
- Location: Lviv, Ukraine
- Language of instruction: Ukrainian
- Number of students: about 12,000
- Rating in Ukraine: 11.
Lviv National University Ivan Franko is consistently included in the TOP-20 universities of Ukraine: there is a high level of education, experienced teachers and modern equipment. Students are given a choice of 89 areas, training takes place at 17 faculties, the most popular are:
- Foreign languages
- International relations
At the Faculty of Foreign Languages, students often choose the following programs: Romance Philology, English Philology, Department of Translation, International Relations. The university has agreements with foreign partners, there are student exchange programs, foreigners study at LNU. On the basis of the university, research centers and laboratories engaged in scientific activities are open.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Lviv National University
Accommodation, meals, prices
All foreign and nonresident students are given a place in the hostel: the rooms are equipped with necessary furniture and appliances, there is a shared kitchen. If you wish, you can rent a separate apartment in Lviv: from $ 127 per month far from the city center, from $ 200 per month in the center. Students can eat at the university in a student cafe, which is inexpensive and tasty.
Activities Lviv National University
In their free time, students make useful contacts inside the university, create thematic circles, take part in competitions and performances. Lviv is a beautiful European city with a long history: excursions around it are inexpensive, but they enthrall students and "lure" them out of the hostel on weekends.
Facilities and equipment at Lviv National University
Lviv National University Ivan Franko, in addition to educational buildings and dormitories, has:
- Botanical Garden
- Astronomical observatory
- Large library
- Scientific and Technical Center
- Department of Humanitarian Studies
- Center of Italian culture and language.
Research institutes work: mass media, history, archeology, Slavic studies, French studies and others.
Admission dates and extra charges
Education at the university is divided into semesters: autumn and spring, at the end of each - an examination session and a vacation. Additional costs associated with food, transportation, leisure and communication, will range from $ 120 per month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The main requirements for applicants are two:
- Good previous performance
- Successfully passed exams.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Lviv National University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.