Donetsk National University
Description of Donetsk National University
- Year of foundation: 1937;
- Location: Donetsk, Ukraine;
- Students age: from 16 years.
- Number of students: 15 210 people;
- Language of instruction: Russian;
- Type of study: national university.
Donetsk National University is a leading university in Donetsk, a leading scientific and educational complex, which conducts educational programs with the involvement of leading specialists from the region's backbone enterprises.
DNU is a classical university that offers the same number of programs in the natural and humanitarian cycles, which allows you to get an integrated education.
The university unites:
- 13 faculties;
- Two institutes;
- Two technical schools - Enakievskiy technical school of economics and management and Horlivka technical school;
- Multidisciplinary boarding school;
- Two educational and consulting centers for training specialists;
- Media centers;
- Research units.
Donetsk National University offers educational programs for bachelors, specialists, masters in 158 areas. Educational process is conducted in Russian.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Donetsk National University
Accommodation, meals, prices
The DonNU campus unites 6 residences for 4302 seats, a sports ground, a dining room for 130 seats, a youth student center, administrative and industrial premises, workshops. The total area of the campus is 4 hectares.
Activities Donetsk National University
DonNU pays great attention to cultural life. On the basis of the student club and MSC "Brigantina" there are youth (amateur) art associations and interest clubs. For students, all conditions have been created for the development of creative abilities, the manifestation of initiative, the organization of free time.
- Donetsk National University received state accreditation in the Federal Service for Supervision of Education and Science of the Russian Federation.
- The university offers more than 30 advanced training and professional retraining programs, 7 general development programs.
- The university offers double diplomas (graduates of individual programs receive diplomas from DonNU and Russian universities at the same time).
- A system of network magistracy with Russian universities has been developed.
- An effective system of distance learning programs has been developed.
- The university offers continuing education: from general secondary, vocational secondary to higher professional education, postgraduate studies, doctoral studies.
- DonNU is a member of several international scientific and educational associations.
Facilities and equipment at Donetsk National University
- The university complex includes 17 educational buildings, 5 dormitories, a sports center, an Educational and Practical Computing Center, and the largest educational library in Donbass.
- The library funds contain more than a million printed and other sources, the library develops a multidisciplinary focus, there are electronic publications, the university's internal network allows access to them.
- The Training and Practical Computing Center has become one of the leading university centers in Ukraine, working in three areas: educational process, research, development of automated systems.
- The Center for Distance Learning and Web Technologies ensures the implementation and development of distance learning.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The following are accepted for training in educational programs of bachelor's and specialty:
- Applicants with secondary general education;
- Persons with secondary vocational education;
- Candidates with higher professional education;
- For training in educational programs of a bachelor's degree (specialty) with a shortened training period (accelerated training), persons with secondary vocational education and entering DonNU for related areas of training (specialties) are admitted.
List of documents for applicants:
- Identity document or address certificate;
- A document on previously obtained education, on the basis of which admission is carried out, and an annex to it;
- GIA (Unified State Exam, VNO) certificate obtained in 2019, 2020 or 2021 (if available);
- Medical certificate (form 086-y);
- A document confirming disability or disabilities, requiring the creation of special conditions during the entrance examinations;
- Documents confirming the presence of individual achievements, the results of which are taken into account at admission.
Applicants take additional entrance exams - the form of conducting (exam, creative competition, etc.) is determined by each faculty separately.
Scholarships Donetsk National University
The university pays academic and social scholarships.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Donetsk National University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.