Kiev Polytechnic Institute
Description of Kiev Polytechnic Institute
- Founded: 1898
- Location: Kiev, Ukraine
- Language of instruction: Ukrainian
- Number of students: about 24,000
- Rating in Ukraine: 3.
Kiev Polytechnic Institute is a research university recognized far beyond Ukraine. Training is carried out at 18 faculties in 168 specializations. The university consistently ranks first in the ranking of Ukrainian universities, is included in the 600 best universities in the world.
KPI constantly conducts a number of studies:
- Creating environmentally friendly technologies in a large list of industries
- The study of thermodynamic processes
- Energy saving and increasing the efficiency of various systems
- Development of high-tech metal welding methods
- Creation of software in various fields
- Drug Development
- The study of the physical properties of semiconductors and others.
2700 teachers are engaged in student training, among which there are many candidates and doctors of science, prominent figures of Ukraine. There are international exchange programs - annually about 250 foreigners come to study at the KPI. There are scholarship payments and large cash grants for important research. The university is part of the European University Association (EUA).
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Kiev Polytechnic Institute
Accommodation, meals, prices
The university has 20 dormitories both near educational buildings and in different parts of Kiev: more than half of all students live in them - about 13,000 people. There are hostels of block and corridor type.
For those who want to rent a separate apartment in the city, hundreds of options are available from $ 178 per month (far from the center) to $ 320 per month (within walking distance from the metro and central avenues of the city). You can eat in cafes and buffets on the campus, the capacity of the main dining room is 800 people.
Activities Kiev Polytechnic Institute
The university provides its students with preferential tickets to 4 health camps, including on the Black Sea and in the Carpathians. On the territory of the university there are sports grounds, student clubs, many interest groups, developing their talents and leadership qualities.
Facilities and equipment at Kiev Polytechnic Institute
Kiev Polytechnic Institute has modern equipment in educational buildings, research centers, laboratories, computer classes and an extensive library are available.
Admission dates and extra charges
In KPI, as in other universities of Ukraine, the academic year is divided into 2 semesters, after each - an examination session. Additional costs for food, travel in public transport, mobile communications and leisure from $ 140 per month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the university, you must pass the exams: the percentage of admission is small - pre-tighten profile subjects in preparatory courses.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Kiev Polytechnic Institute
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.