Borys Grinchenko Kyiv University
Description of Borys Grinchenko Kyiv University
- Age of students: from 17 years
- Location: Kiev, Ukraine
- Type of institution: state university
- Language of instruction: Ukrainian
- Type of training: joint.
Borys Hrynchenko Kyiv University (Kyiv University of Borys Hrynchenko) is a higher educational institution in the capital of Ukraine, Kyiv. The university was formed by the Kyiv City Council through the reorganization of the Kyiv Regional Pedagogical Institute named after Borys Grinchenko. The university was transformed from a pedagogical profile into a multidisciplinary classical educational institution, which allowed it to expand its activities and have more specialties, ensuring the complete satisfaction of the educational needs of students. In the implementation of these tasks, the university's activities are aimed at achieving high standards and becoming a university of the European level.
Topical scientific issues of the university's activities are discussed by the Academic Council of the University, as well as the Student Scientific Society.
Research work is carried out in the spirit of cooperation and fruitful contacts with the National Academy of Pedagogical Sciences of Ukraine and its research institutions. The corresponding cooperation agreement was signed in 2007.
The University is a participant of international projects supported by the European Commission:
- Seventh Framework Programme on the International Research Network for the Study and Development of New Tools and Methods of Advanced Pedagogical Science in ict tools, e-learning and intercultural competencies (IRNet;
- TEMPUS on the topics: "Development of courses on embedded systems with the introduction of Innovative virtual approaches for the integration of research, education and production in Ukraine, Georgia, Armenia (DESIRE)";
- "Teaching Leadership, Intelligence and Talent Encouragement (ELITE)".
The University cooperates with educational institutions of the USA, Belarus, Bulgaria, China, France, Israel, Germany, Italy, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, Greece, Cyprus, Paraguay and the Czech Republic.
The preparatory department of the University accepts foreign citizens who have completed secondary education, even those who do not speak Ukrainian or Russian. Studying at the Preparatory Department of the University makes it possible to master not only the Ukrainian (Russian) language, but also to gain additional knowledge in specialized subjects.
The educational process includes lectures, practical classes, independent work of students, individual lessons, weekly consultations.
Faculties and colleges
The university consists of six institutes, four faculties and one university college, which has more than 9,000 students. There are 35 operational departments. The scientific and pedagogical staff includes 49 candidates of sciences, 184 candidates of technical sciences, 434 teachers. The university offers 10 master's, 12 specialized and 12 bachelor's programs. Every year, about 6,000 teachers and school principals improve their qualifications and advanced training at the university. The university conducts training of doctors of science.
Borys Grinchenko Kyiv University has a structure that includes:
- General departments of educational, scientific and methodological nature (centers, laboratories)
- General departments of an administrative nature (departments, accounting)
- Six institutes
- Four faculties
- One college.
It is possible to distinguish individual faculties and institutes:
- Institute of Journalism
- Institute of Man
- Institute of Postgraduate Pedagogical Education
- Institute of Philology
- Pedagogical Institute
- Institute of Arts
- Faculty of Information Technologies and Management
- Faculty of Health, Physical Education and Sports
- Faculty of History and Philosophy
- Faculty of Law and International Relations
- University College.
Things to know about
Every year on December 9, the university celebrates the birthday of Boris Grinchenko - this is the University Day.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Borys Grinchenko Kyiv University
Accommodation, meals, prices
Borys Grinchenko Kyiv University has dormitories for students and staff. To accommodate foreigners, a separate floor has been allocated in a well-equipped block-type dormitory No. 1 at Staroselskaya Street, 2. Rooms are designed for 1-2 people. Dormitories are equipped with necessary furniture, household appliances (washing machines / dryers, kitchen: electric stoves, refrigerators), showers and toilets, there are also rooms for self-preparation.
The cost of living is about $ 90 per month.
Activities Borys Grinchenko Kyiv University
Student life is full of joyful events and unique moments: trips to museums and theaters, a variety of concerts and entertainment programs, quizzes and new acquaintances.
Students established several institute traditions. For example, all freshmen imagine themselves at the festival "We are here", where they represent their group and leave a message about themselves after 4 years in the Student Book of the Institute.
Thanks to the active participation of the Student Council, students organize various events for the local community within the framework of the social project "With Kyiv and for Kyiv", the purpose of which is to meet the needs of the community and promote its development.
The University has a Student Scientific Society. The journal of student scientific works "Scientific Research of Grinchenko Students" has been published since 2007; the best scientific works of future teachers are published.
- Applicants have the right to free use of a modern library with branches in the buildings of the University, a sports complex with a swimming pool and gyms.
- The university has more than 80 SMART-classes, a cyber training field, Wi-Fi zones, concert and choreographic halls, dormitories, a television studio and a press center, practical centers, laboratories and workshops galleries, a resource center to support students with disabilities.
- Each group has its own curator - he helps applicants to adapt to new conditions of study and residence.
- The University has its own distinctive appearance and is an integral part of Kyiv city education.
- The university has signed the Magna Charta Universitatum; member of the International Association of Universities, the European Association of Universities, the European Association for Adult Education.
- Borys Grinchenko Kyiv University cooperates with the World Bank, the British Council, the USETI Alliance.
Facilities and equipment at Borys Grinchenko Kyiv University
In December 2007, two reading rooms were opened for students, graduate students and teachers. The funds of the university library increased significantly (360,000 copies). New major steps were made in the field of information research: an information and computing center, four computer classes and a laboratory for the study of innovative technologies were launched.
Also in the university there are:
- 5 buildings
- More than 80 classes with SMART equipment
- Computer labs with specialized software
- Wi-Fi halls
- TV and Radio Studio, Press Center
- Learning Centers
- Research laboratories and centers
- Concert and choreographic halls
- Sports complex with swimming pool, gyms and gyms
- Publishing house
- Center for Students with Disabilities
- Video conferencing capabilities.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Foreigners are enrolled in an educational institution based on the results of an interview. Additionally, entrance tests are required, depending on the chosen specialty and a certificate of graduation from school.
Scholarships Borys Grinchenko Kyiv University
The university has several scholarships, with which you can cover up to 100% of the cost of training.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Borys Grinchenko Kyiv University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.