Kings Summer Camp Los Angeles Marymount successfully functions on the campus of the University of California. The Center offers studying courses lasting up to 5 weeks. Learning English includes academic training, developing skills and practicing acquired knowledge during leisure activities. The summer camp of Los Angeles Marymount is the best place to spend holidays for foreign students who like beach and cognitive rest. Leading children's camp is located near many sights of the legendary city and California in general. The campus is close to the famous golden Los Angeles beaches.
Short information. A classical course of spoken English combined with an extensive program of extracurricular activities.
About the course. Active English in the summer camp is 15 hours of classroom activities, excursions, sports, beach holidays and entertainment. In the lessons, students develop general language skills with an emphasis on speaking.
Arrivals on Sunday - departures on Saturday.
Students age: 12 - 17 years.
Start dates: 24.06; 1, 8, 15, 22, 29.07 (1 - 5 weeks).
Requirements for admission: English - from the entry level.
Class size: 15 people.
Lesson duration: 45 minutes
The result of the training: development of colloquial English skills, expansion of the general vocabulary, communication experience in the language environment. 999.19]
The cost includes: studies, activities, excursions, three meals a day, accommodation.
Students are offered accommodation on the campus, a 20-minute walk from the main academic building. The residence is equipped with cozy joint rooms. Girls and boys live in separate buildings.
Food is full board.
Extracurricular program in the summer camp includes sports activities, in particular volleyball, tennis, American football, entertainment (barbecue, parties, discos, shows), mugs of arts and crafts. Additionally, various excursions to Los Angeles, Hollywood, Griffith Park, Aqurium for half a day are arranged for international students. Full day excursions are organized to Universal Studios, Santa Monica, San Diego Zoo, Catalina Island, Disneyland.
The daily routine
The day camp is offered in the camp.
The camp covers a territory of 26 acres. International students can see the Pacific Ocean from the windows of the residence . The educational infrastructure is represented by spacious classrooms, a computer class, and a library. Moreover, in the camp there is a swimming pool, basketball courts, playing fields, tennis court, which provides physical development.
Required documents, depending on the type of institution:
|camp / language school |
|private school, boardinghouse|
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.