University of La Verne English Language School
Description of University of La Verne English Language School
- Established year: 1961
- Location: La Verne, California, USA
- Age of students: from 16 years
- Number of students: 8500
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of study: private university.
Since 1961, ELS language courses at the University of La Verne have helped more than 1.2 million students from 143+ countries learn English quickly and efficiently.
The close-knit community of the university creates a favorable atmosphere for all students. ELS's English Language Center at La Verne is located on campus in a safe, small town east of Los Angeles. La Verne is a cozy residential area with many businesses, shops, restaurants and a developed public transport system. Students live on a friendly campus, attend English language courses, and experience the cultural diversity of Los Angeles, the second largest city in the United States.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in University of La Verne English Language School
Accommodation, meals, prices
The educational institution offers accommodation in a local family, in a university dormitory or in an apartment with fellow students.
Submit the completed application to ELS at least 6 weeks prior to arrival along with your deposit. If you are considering living with locals, please apply as soon as possible so that you can be accommodated in the most suitable homestay. You will receive detailed information about the placement within 21 days after the scheduled start date of the program.
- Families offer a friendly atmosphere, sensitive to the individual needs of students. Both the student and the family get pleasant, memorable impressions, make useful connections. Guest houses are located no more than a 45-minute walk from the university building or public transport.
- Oaks Residence Hall is located in the center of the campus, just a 7-minute walk from the study center, near the center of La Verne with numerous shops and restaurants. Each room has two single rooms, two double rooms, four bathrooms and a living room. The building has a large common living room with a fully equipped kitchen and stove, lounges and study rooms on each floor.
- Central air conditioning
- Modern laundries.
The cost of accommodation is from $ 360 / week.
Activities University of La Verne English Language School
The University of La Verne offers a wide range of on-campus activities that will help build community, develop leadership skills, and find your niche.
The university has three sports teams for those who want to do athletics.
- The private university La Verne is among the 150 best universities in the country. It offers ample academic opportunities including 55 undergraduate programs, 19 master's courses, four doctoral programs, and eight certification courses.
- The educational institution conducts the International Year One Program, which allows you to simultaneously improve your English language skills and undergo education equivalent to the first first year of undergraduate studies.
- Upon successful completion of ELS Level 112, students take english language entrance exams for admission to La Verne University and other nearby colleges and partner universities.
- Learning English together with ELS is the most effective way to improve language skills, prepare for successful studies and careers. More than 650 universities around the world accept ELS certification as proof of language proficiency.
- From day one, students are immersed in an intensive learning, culturally rich and academically rigorous environment. Each program includes an American experience lesson that combines learning about local culture, academic consultation, guest speakers, and off-campus attractions.
- ELS invites academic staff who are willing to provide advice and assistance in applying to the university. Many teachers are members of TESOL (Community of Teachers of English for Native Speakers of Other Languages), some teachers have master's degrees or TEFL certificates, and have been teaching at ELS for more than 15 years.
Facilities and equipment at University of La Verne English Language School
The close-knit community of the university creates a favorable atmosphere for all students. The ELS English Language Center in La Vernet is located on campus in a safe small town east of Los Angeles: it is a cozy residential area with many businesses, shops, restaurants, a developed public transport system.
- Basketball court
- Free parking at the university
Admission dates and extra charges
All ELS centers have 13 convenient start dates per year for most programs.
- Entrance fee – 180$
- Fee for materials and technologies – 110$
- Student health insurance – $180.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To apply for any ELS Language Center program, you must provide the following documents:
- Completed and signed application form
- Non-refundable registration fee
- Prepayment for education
- A copy of a valid passport with name and date of birth
- Deposit for accommodation
- Airport pick-up fee (on request).
When ELS Language Centers receive completed documents and deposits, the application will be processed within two business days. As part of this process, the institution sends an admission package, including an I-20 form.
There is no application deadline for education—the sooner you submit your completed application, the faster ELS Language Center Admissions will be able to process the materials. This will give you more time to receive a welcome package containing an I-20 form (required to obtain a student visa) and els arrival information.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about University of La Verne English Language School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.