California Language Academy
Description of California Language Academy
One of the most hospitable and popular language schools in Los Angeles offers exciting summer English courses.
To combine effective learning and interesting recreation - just in California Language Academy. A high level of teaching, interactive lessons and a communicative approach, an international setting and group composition, attention to each student are the secrets of the success of the California Language Academy. Classes are often held not only in classrooms, but in the open air, city streets: in the process of communicating with native speakers in real life situations, you will be able to progress faster in English, expand vocabulary, practice pronunciation and listening skills.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in California Language Academy
Accommodation, meals, prices
The school offers two accommodation options for English courses:
- Host family (16+, no more than 30 minutes drive from school, half board - breakfast and dinner).
An excellent opportunity to constantly communicate with native English speakers and live in home comfort, to see firsthand the customs and traditions, the daily life of American families. Features: private room (shared bathroom), double room (shared bathroom; available only when booked by two students traveling together).
- Residence Extended Stay America (18+ years, walking distance from school, self-catering).
Option for adults, independent students, ready to take care of their diet and comfort.
As a rule, accommodation in the host family is already included in the price of the summer tour for teenagers, but the Extended Stay America residence is paid separately:
- Queen category number = $ 735 / week
- Room with two beds = $ 840 / week
- Surcharge for the high season (June 1-September 1) = + $ 140 a week.
Activities California Language Academy
For students in their free time, a huge number of holidays, workshops, competitions, sports tournaments and excursions are organized - but at will and for an additional fee you can make your summer holiday even more memorable and exciting:
- Trip to Disneyland = $ 199 / day (transportation + ticket)
- Excursion to the Universal Studios Hollywood film studio (transportation + ticket) = $ 199
- Day trip to the theme park Six Flags (entrance ticket + transfer) = $ 125
- Los Angeles Day Sightseeing Tour (transport with a guide) = $ 75
- Evening weekend tour of San Diego (bus, guide and hotel): room for 4 = $ 225, for 2 = 270 $
- Weekend tours (3 days, 2 nights: the price includes travel, guide services and hotel accommodation):
- San Francisco: room at 4x = $ 355, at 2x = $ 475
- Las Vegas: room at 4x = $ 299, at 2x = $ 425. As part of this trip, you can add a trip to the Grand Canyon = $ 150
- Yosemite National Park: room at 4x = $ 325, at 2x = $ 425.
* When traveling on the weekend 4-bedded room = 4 students on the 2 King Size bed size, 2-bed room = 2 single beds.
Facilities and equipment at California Language Academy
Admission dates and extra charges
The races are held two days before the start of education, and departure is the same day with final lessons. Summer courses are held from late May to early August - you can check your exact arrival dates with your manager.
The cost of summer programs is:
- 1 week = $ 1750
- 2 weeks = $ 2750
- 3 weeks = $ 3675
- 4 weeks = $ 4,500 .
The indicated amount includes:
- Registration fee
- Materials and manuals, books
- Meetings and farewell at the airport
- Accommodation in the host family: double room, half board (breakfast and dinner).
Paid separately and not included in the price:
- Additional academic and language classes (optional)
- Additional leisure activities and excursions (optional)
- Air tickets in both directions
- Transfer to / from school from the home of the host family (on average $ 150 per week)
- Mandatory medical insurance (from $ 30 / week)
- Personal pocket expenses
- Visa fees and services, translation and certification of documents
- Consular fee (paid at the Embassy).
- Registration fee (for a programme/course) 150 USD
- Registration fee (for accommodation) 150 USD
- Transfer (one way) 150 USD
- Medical insurance 30 USD
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about California Language Academy
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.