Description of Kells Academy
- Year of foundation: 1978;
- Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada;
- Students age: 5-18 years old;
- Number of students: 470 people;
- Language of instruction: English;
- Type of study: private coeducational school.
Since 1978, Kells Academy boarding school in Montreal has been offering a meaningful and rewarding educational experience to Canadian and international students. The English-language coeducational school from kindergarten to grade 12 offers education based on the understanding and assessment of the individuality of students, a complete rejection of a universal approach. The future-oriented model takes into account children's uniqueness, adapts to the culture, lifestyle, interests, abilities of schoolchildren. The formula for success is based on small classrooms, great programs, dedicated high-quality teachers, an innovative, enriched learning environment, modern technology. Using proven learning approaches, Kells Academy encourages and inspires students to help them achieve personal results, empowering them with knowledge, ability and self-confidence.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Kells Academy
Accommodation, meals, prices
The Academy offers accommodation in a furnished room with three meals a day.
Activities Kells Academy
- The academy encourages sports, dedication, athletic prowess, perseverance, and team spirit. In addition to regular physical education classes, Kells offers team and individual sports:
- Cross-country running;
- Rock climbing;
- Basketball and more.
- The school organizes several trips throughout the year, offers students skiing, tubing, and a visit to the circus school;
- An additional program - art classes as an important aspect of education. Kells Academy provides exceptional, progressive visual arts education. The music program introduces newcomers to music: several times throughout the year, students are given the opportunity to perform music at events such as the Winter Festival, Spring Concert and Graduation;
- The Visual Arts program enables each student to realize their creative and technical ability through design courses;
- Theater courses develop a desire for self-expression, self-confidence, and public speaking skills;
- Kells offers online language courses through its e-learning management system. Students will need access to an iPad or computer along with reliable internet. Small groups are available (from 6 people).
- Kells Academy approaches students with a unique perspective, offering a variety of learning approaches. An in-depth assessment of a student's experience, interests, culture and other realities allows for a rich, meaningful learning experience that meets individual needs;
- The upbringing process takes into account the natural curiosity and creativity of students, feeds their inner desire to learn. The main goal is to promote self-directed learning with an emphasis on critical thinking and functional skills (organization, time management);
- FLEX is a learning concept that allows students of all levels to pursue individual interests while remaining part of the regular school curriculum;
- Twice a week, students are offered courses such as dance, yoga, meditation, robotics, jiu-jitsu, debates, foreign languages, law. Students can choose one or more of these courses.
Facilities and equipment at Kells Academy
Kells Academy views technology as a powerful tool that can make learning more interesting, fun and relevant. Technology allows personalization, customization of teaching, helping students prepare for the future. Well-equipped computer labs, laptops, smart whiteboards give teachers immediate access to knowledge bases. The Continuous Technology Teacher Education program improves student learning with the latest teaching methods, integrating technology into all aspects of the curriculum.
Admission dates and extra charges
List of mandatory payments:
- Application fee (non-refundable, must be submitted together with the application form);
- Registration fee (non-refundable, payable upon admission).
Some services are paid additionally to tuition fee:
- Additional lessons;
- Benefit, technologies;
- Construction fund;
- Graduation (grade 11 students);
- English lessons;
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Reception takes place all year round (subject to availability).
- The Montreal high schools plan to test placement and classes for new students;
- An interview and a completed questionnaire are required components of the application process;
- Interviews for international students are organized via Facetime or Skype.
Scholarships Kells Academy
Scholarships are awarded to high performing students with strong leadership skills. When applying for it, student must prove high academic performance, send a letter of motivation to the school. Applications are submitted annually.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Kells Academy
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.