Emmanuel Christian Private School
Description of Emmanuel Christian Private School
- Founded: in 1950,
- Location: Quebec, Montreal,
- Students age: from 3 to 18 years,
- Type of institution: private Christian school,
- Language: English,
- Type: traditional.
Located in the heart of downtown Montreal, Emmanuel Christian School has been a symbol of educational excellence for decades. Her unwavering commitment to nurturing young minds and building character makes this school the region's premier educational institution. Through a special combination of academic rigor and Christian values, the school strives to equip students with the knowledge, skills and moral foundation necessary for a successful life in an ever-changing world.
The institution welcomes students from diverse cultural backgrounds and forms an inclusive community where every child is valued, respected, and encouraged in their quest to reach their full potential.
At Emmanuel Christian School, academic excellence is the foundation of the educational experience. The school prides itself on a team of highly qualified educators who treat their subject with enthusiasm and dedication and strive to develop a love of learning in their students.
The educational process at Emmanuel Christian School is based on academic standards and Christian values. The school offers a variety of subjects, including languages, mathematics, science, social studies, art, and music. Students receive individual attention from teachers and have the opportunity to participate in discussions, projects, and hands-on activities.
Emmanuel Christian School supports the active participation of students in scientific research and projects. The school encourages the development of scientific thinking and provides opportunities for participation in scientific competitions and exhibitions.
Students in grades 3 and 4 from the English and French sectors participate in the annual Michael Smith Science Competition: this competition in scientific writing is organized by the Department of Physics and Astronomy at the University of British Columbia.
Things to know about
- Emmanuel Christian School in Montreal has a rich historical heritage. Founded in 1950, the school has successfully traveled through the decades, constantly evolving and adapting to the needs of today's students,
- The school is proud of its multicultural environment, attracting students from different countries and cultures. This creates a diversity of perspectives, experiences and traditions, which contributes to a deeper understanding and respect for differences,
- ECS is famous for its Christian approach to education - the study of books, Christian psychology and traditions, ministry.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Emmanuel Christian Private School
Accommodation, meals, prices
The institution offers the opportunity for students from other cities and countries to stay in comfortable private residences, which allows them to receive full and comprehensive support during their studies - from the staff and peers-friends.
Emmanuel Christian School residences are designed with the needs and comfort of students in mind. Each room is equipped with modern furniture and necessary amenities to provide students with a pleasant and cozy stay. Here they can create their home away from home and enjoy socializing with their fellow students.
Activities Emmanuel Christian Private School
The institution strives to ensure the all-round development of students, which is why it offers a wide range of extracurricular activities. Sports competitions, musical performances, theatrical performances, art exhibitions, debates are organized. Students can create their own various clubs and community organizations.
- Emmanuel Christian School provides a high-quality education based on excellent standards of the academic program. Students receive excellent education in a variety of subject areas – languages, humanities and engineering, arts and ethics,
- The school brings Christian values to the educational process and supports the development of morality and spirituality,
- Emmanuel Christian School is famous for its friendly and family atmosphere,
- The institution appreciates partnership with parents and includes them in the educational process: parents actively participate in school activities, a volunteer program and parent meetings,
- ECS has high ratings and recognition both in the local community and at the national level. The institution has received a number of awards and certifications for its academic achievements and innovative approach to learning, actively cooperates with public organizations and universities to provide the best educational environment for its students.
Admission dates and extra charges
Emmanuel Christian School follows a trimester system of education. Trimester dates are subject to change each academic year.
The registration fee for admission is 100 $CAD. Circles during the year will cost from 100-120 $CAD / direction.
For admission, you must fill out an application, provide recommendations from the previous school and pass an interview with the admissions committee. The school may require tests or exams to assess the student's academic level (held in the fall and spring periods). Grades can also be given individually throughout the year by appointment.
Notifications of enrollment are sent two weeks after the appraisal work. Registration agreements are sent by e-mail in the spring.
Parents are invited to attend the annual Open Day in the autumn. During the excursion conducted by high school students, the parent will be able to get acquainted with the school, and teachers and volunteers will talk about academic and extracurricular programs.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to Emmanuel Christian School you need:
- Original birth certificate of the applicant with the names of the parents,
- Certified translation of the birth certificate,
- A copy of the last report card,
- A letter of recommendation from the teacher,
- Personal photo of the student,
- Entry fee = $ 50 (upon registration),
- Proof of residence,
- Proof of Canadian citizenship or visa documents,
- Medical record,
- A written statement of why the chosen child should be admitted to school (indicate the name of the community, the name of the pastor or priest, the phone number of the church office).
Scholarships Emmanuel Christian Private School
The school offers the Jason Colin Schholarship Scholarship, which is designed to help those in need and those in difficult life situations.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Emmanuel Christian Private School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.