The Karaganda State Technical University was established in 1953: the educational institution was supposed to solve the problem of a shortage of qualified personnel in the metallurgical and mining industries. The first rector was Nurmukhamedov Yunus Kadyrbaevich, who had previously been an assistant professor at the Moscow Mining Institute.
Initially, the university offered only two specialties: mining electromechanics and the development of mineral deposits. Today, the university provides education at 9 faculties, introduced distance and distance education.
KSTU joined the ranks:
On the basis of the university were organized: Karaganda branch of the Engineering Academy of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Karaganda branch of the Academy of Natural Sciences of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Central Kazakhstan branch of the International Academy of Informatization, and the Association of Welders of Kazakhstan.
On the basis of the Karaganda State Technical University there are:
For the convenience of students, there are traditional and electronic libraries, in the fund of which there are educational and methodological manuals, periodicals, books in Russian, Kazakh and foreign languages.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.