Kaplan Language School Bournemouth
Description of Kaplan Language School Bournemouth
- Location: Bournemouth, United Kingdom
- Year of foundation: 1967
- Language of instruction: English
- Type: mixed.
Kaplan Language School Bournemouth is a language school that is part of one of the largest providers of educational services in the world – Kaplan. This network was founded more than 80 years ago. During its existence, Kaplan has expanded so much that it operates in 28 countries and has full-time campuses in many cities in the UK, USA, Canada, Ireland, Switzerland and other countries.
Every year, more than 40,000 students from 150 countries come to improve their English language skills and prepare for exams, university admissions and long-term visas.
In the institution you can study English, French and German.
K+ Online courses are held on a specialized training platform. Students take part in both standard and additional activities aimed at developing language skills. Educators use Zoom to conduct lectures and seminars.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Kaplan Language School Bournemouth
Accommodation, meals, prices
The institution provides students with two accommodation options: accommodation in a host family or a room in a dormitory.
- Host families offer all students 1-2-bed rooms with daily two meals a day: breakfast and dinner. Bathrooms can be both individual and shared. The weekly cost of living depending on the type of accommodation is from 140 to 230 £.
- The student residence is located in the tallest building in Bournemouth, has a roof terrace, which offers magnificent views of the city and the sea. The hostel is equipped with single rooms with private bathrooms, shared kitchens and seating areas. Weekly accommodation will cost students £ 245.
Also, adult students can send a request to the school staff if they wish to find alternative accommodation in the vicinity of the campus.
Activities Kaplan Language School Bournemouth
Students' extracurricular time is guided by the school's social program, designed to help them get to know the city, the culture of the country and make friends with classmates through activities.
Entertainment is scheduled according to the days of the week:
- Monday: visit to the beach, sailing,
- Tuesday: hot air balloon ride,
- Wednesday: Jurassic Coast Bus Tour to Durdle Laure Rock Arch,
- Thursday: visit to the ruins of Corfu Castle,
- Friday: a game of volleyball on the beach,
- Saturday and Sunday: cycling around the city.
- 97% of graduates recommend taking programs at Kaplan.
- The largest language school in the UK.
- Closed groups for students 12-17 years old.
- Languages spoken: Greek, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish.
- All teachers have degrees, CELTA, DELTA certificates, as well as master's and doctoral diplomas.
- The school is accredited by a variety of international systems, including ACCET, British Council, Languages Canada and others.
Facilities and equipment at Kaplan Language School Bournemouth
The campus of the institution is located in the Westbourne district, in the west of the city. It is impossible not to note the good location - the road to the beach and the city center will take only 15 minutes, and to restaurants, shops and public places - from two to five minutes on foot.
The city is well planned and has a developed bus network. The stop is two minutes from the entrance to the campus, so students have the opportunity to explore the area both on foot and by public transport.
All classrooms and dormitories are located in Bournemouth's tallest building. For comfortable and effective study are equipped:
- 17 classrooms with interactive whiteboards, projectors, video and audio systems,
- 10 recreation and self-study areas,
- Private kindergarten,
- Computer lab.
Admission dates and extra charges
The length of the academic year depends on the chosen program. Classes for all students are held from Monday to Friday. One lesson lasts 45 minutes.
The school is closed on national, regional and international holidays:
- 3rd January,
- 15, 18 April,
- 2nd May,
- 2, 3 June,
- 29th August,
- December 26-27.
- Application – 80£,
- Accommodation fee – 30£,
- Courier delivery of documents – 35£,
- The fee for changes in the program after arrival is 65£,
- Medical travel insurance – £10.50 per week,
- Summer supplement (20 June-29 August) – 15£,
- Supplement for accommodation in the peak season – 25-30£,
- Christmas Homestay (24-31 December) – 60£,
- Special diet – 30£ per week,
- Luggage storage – 50£ per week,
- Full board – supplement of 20£,
- K+ courses online – from £ 75 to £ 150 for 5-10 hours per week,
- Individual lessons – £70 for 45 minutes,
- Additional classes in a group of two people – £ 40 for 45 minutes,
- Intensive study (6-9 hours per week) – 80-120£,
- Cambridge Exam – £180,
- K+ Online and K+ Online Extra with 12-month access after leaving school – £99,
- K + Online and K + Online Extra with access for 3 months after leaving the school – 49£,
- Accommodation – 140-245£ per week.
If necessary, you can use the transfer from the airport or for a trip to it. One-way price:
- Heathrow – 150£,
- Gatwick – 160£,
- Luton – 205£,
- Southampton – 95£,
- Stansted – 225£,
- Bournemouth – 60£.
- Fill out the questionnaire by selecting the desired campus in one of the countries and the course.
- Pay a registration fee of £80.
- Expect a response from the admissions office, which will provide you with a schedule of entrance exams.
- Visit campus or take an online test.
- Get a brochure with accommodation options, book one of them before arriving at campus.
Thanks to the training programs, students enter the best universities in Germany, the UK and other countries.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The school accepts applicants from the age of 16. Enrollment is based on the results of entrance tests. For long-term study in the UK, you will need a valid foreign passport and visa.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Kaplan Language School Bournemouth
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.