Bournemouth University International College
Description of Bournemouth University International College
- Year of foundation: 2011;
- Location: Bournemouth, Southern England;
- Age of students: 16+;
- Number of students: 500+;
- Language of instruction: English;
- Type of study: college.
Bournemouth University International College is a creative place for enterprising students imbued with the spirit of adventurism and internationalism, with a rich history of successful graduates.
Located on the south coast of England, in places with a mild climate, it has the most modern equipment that allows you to get the most out of the learning process.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Bournemouth University International College
Accommodation, meals, prices
The college has its own student residence adjacent to the college building and located in the heart of the university's central campus in Lansdowne. The modern and stylish apartments and studios are equipped with all modern amenities. Here you can have a great time with friends, and from the windows there are magnificent views of Bournemouth and its surroundings.
Along with dormitories offering accommodation options such as private rooms with bathroom, dormitories with floor amenities, block apartments (shared or separate kitchen is available for all options, regular cleaning of common areas, comfortable lounges with entertainment and board games, free wireless Internet, included electricity, gas and water bills), students can rent property in the city, with the help of local accommodation agencies.
The college administration offers special support services. This offer is mandatory for all students under 18 years of age and the package costs £300. Subscribers receive individual curators who can give answers to any questions of interest, help to get used to the country and college, make an appointment with a doctor, organize a video connection with home. Help is available 24/7.
Activities Bournemouth University International College
The college has a number of student societies of various topics - from providing assistance to underachieving students to sports, music, art; importance is attached to various forms of social work.
Bournemouth University International College today is:
- Representatives of 41 national and ethnic groups (2021);
- On-campus accommodation with access to Bournemouth University facilities;
- Professional training from experienced teachers with individual academic support that will help you succeed;
- Guaranteed admission to the University of Bournemouth (if you take preparatory courses and demonstrate good diligence and attendance).
Facilities and equipment at Bournemouth University International College
Bournemouth is a lively cosmopolitan city on a comfortable coastline that has long been famous for its resorts and magnificent views. It has a lot to offer expat students, including a wide selection of cafes, bars, nightclubs and shops. In national rankings, the city often ranks at the top as one of the happiest in the country – and favorable for the life of young people.
Ten kilometers of golden sandy beaches and hundreds of hectares of gardens, coupled with friendly local and rich life every year attract millions of visitors from all over the globe. There was a place for cultural attractions: the Russell-Cox Museum, an excellent world-class symphony orchestra, a rich festival program and a wide range of more intimate events will not leave anyone indifferent. In addition, it is a great place for shopping with a lot of first-class brands, unobtrusive antique shops and boutiques and independent shops.
No matter how demanding a student is, the city is sure to find a kind of sports leisure for him, whether it is kayaking, water skiing or the annual marathon, which has been held for more than 80 years. In addition, the local stadium often hosts matches of the English Premier League: having bought a season ticket, you can follow the games of teams such as Manchester United or Arsenal, and very inexpensively.
Along with a variety of sports infrastructure, numerous halls for training on simulators, athletic and strength exercises, the college can use facilities belonging to the University of Bournemouth - a stadium, an indoor swimming pool, tennis courts and other facilities.
The college has its own library with a rich selection of academic and fiction literature of various genres; in addition, students can also use the university library (over 450 thousand volumes, a variety of subscription electronic resources and full-text databases).
The application process boils down to four main steps:
- Filling out the application form and sending it to the college. All other documents must be attached to the application, including a copy of the passport, certificate or other supporting documents;
- After considering the application, the college decides on enrollment; in case of an affirmative decision, the applicant will receive an offer;
- If the applicant accepts the offer, he must fill out the appropriate form, make a deposit or provide a financial guarantee. Also at this stage, future students can book a place in the hostel;
- After the college sends the applicant supporting documentation and a CAS application (confirmation of admission to study), which will allow you to apply for a student visa.
Several additional documents must be attached to the application:
- copies of your passport and any previously issued UK visas;
- UKVI approved Secure English Language Test (SELT) certificate or equivalent;
- academic transcripts (plus certified translations if the original transcripts are not in English).
Documents can be sent separately.
Each year, the college holds several sets, which provides students with fairly flexible conditions. It is recommended to apply at least 3-4 months in advance, which will allow the applicant to collect all the necessary documents, get a visa, book housing and prepare.
99% of college graduates successfully enter British universities, of which at least 70% - to the University of Bournemouth.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
A prerequisite for enrollment is the availability of student insurance for the entire period of study in the United Kingdom; students can take advantage of the college's joint offer in partnership with Endsleigh, a leading insurance company.
Scholarships Bournemouth University International College
The college offers a number of scholarships with partial tuition fees, as well as the opportunity to provide scholarships to students in advanced training courses from a number of partner universities.
The criteria for awarding a scholarship will be academic achievements at the previous stage of study. The scholarship program is a one-time partial discount on training - as a rule, we are talking about 15-25%.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Bournemouth University International College
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.