Summer School Bournemouth for kids
Description of Summer School Bournemouth for kids
- Location: Bournemouth, England,
- Number of students: about 150,
- Language of instruction: English,
- Type: mixed.
SummerCampBournemouth is a school that offers summer English language courses for children from 12 to 17 years old, as well as a one-year program for students from 16 years old.
Excellent location, modern campus infrastructure, proximity to attractions and a lot of entertainment will complement the academically strong program and allow students to get the best emotions from studying in an English-speaking environment.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Summer School Bournemouth for kids
Accommodation, meals, prices
Students of the summer course are accommodated in the homes of host families. This accommodation option is a great opportunity to learn about the culture and customs of the locals, to be in an atmosphere of care and comfort. The houses are a 30-50 minute drive from campus and have double and triple rooms for several students of the school aged 12-15 and 16-19 years. Residents are provided with bedding, which is changed weekly, as well as room cleaning. Free Wi-Fi access is available in all homes. Together with comfortable living quarters, students are provided with breakfasts and dinners with their families, as well as packed lunches and lunches for a snack between classes. If necessary, dietary needs will be taken into account when preparing meals.
Homestay reservations are available from 25 June to 13 August.
Students of the one-year course can choose one of the hotels that cooperate with the institution and settle only those who have reached the age of 18, or stay in the house of the host family. The hotels offer single and double rooms with bathrooms and shared kitchens, proximity to campus and many public spaces, such as a living room with a TV or a gym.
Activities Summer School Bournemouth for kids
Students can devote their free time to personal interests or exploring the surroundings and attractions. Half-day excursions and full-day trips can be arranged for students.
- New Forest National Park and acquaintance with the famous pony breed,
- Lulworth Cove.
Students can spend the whole day visiting historical sites such as:
- London with a walk along the river and sightseeing,
- Isle of Wight.
There are many places in Bournemouth County that are worth visiting on your own:
- Russell Coats Gallery & Museum,
- Bournemouth Pier,
- Beach cable car,
- City Oceanarium,
- Vitality Stadium,
- Ferris wheel.
Entertainment events are regularly organized on campus: talent shows, karaoke and movie nights, beach games, sports competitions and many others.
- Accreditation of the British Council,
- Small classes of up to 15-16 people,
- A varied leisure program,
- Day camp (or several accommodation options).
Facilities and equipment at Summer School Bournemouth for kids
Bournemouth is famous for many features, but the most outstanding of them are the seven-mile beaches with golden sands and its own microclimate, making this area one of the sunniest and warmest places in the UK. In the summer months, hundreds of tourists come here to enjoy the natural beauties, sunsets, landscaped parks and a variety of activities.
The school's campus is located in the city center and a 15-minute walk from the beach. Excellent transport links and several public transport options will help students get to the train station, airports and attractions.
The education takes place in a historic building with renovated interiors and modern equipment:
- 14 spacious classrooms with interactive whiteboards,
- Student lounge for relaxation and self-study,
- Wi-Fi throughout.
Approximate distance from airports:
- Heathrow - 148 km,
- Gatwick — 183 km,
- Stansted — 246 km.
The bus will take students to the city station in 15 minutes.
Admission dates and extra charges
Summer courses take place in June, July and August, and the annual program has many start dates and lasts throughout the academic year.
- Accommodation and meals in the host family,
- Accommodation at the hotel,
- Registration fee - 80 £,
- Deposit for accommodation - 40 £,
- Transfers to Bournemouth, Gatwick, Stansted, Luton or Heathrow airport - from 65 to 305 £,
- Public transport
- Personal expenses.
Admission to the programs mainly takes place in an online format. Applicants need to fill out a registration form and provide personal documents, and then wait for an invitation from the admissions committee. After receiving it, a new student can arrive on campus to pass a language entrance test, according to the results of which students are divided into groups and begin education.
The campus accommodates about 150 students, so free places in the courses quickly run out - you should apply as early as possible.
Students receive a certificate that confirms their level of knowledge and skills when entering English-speaking institutions, obtaining a residence visa.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The main requirements for applicants are personal documents translated into English:
- Health insurance and vaccination certificate,
- Student visa or residence permit.
There are no introductory criteria based on knowledge of the English language at the school, since each course is adapted to the student.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Summer School Bournemouth for kids
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
|- we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
|- we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
|- we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
|- recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.