The Bournemouth School of English
Description of The Bournemouth School of English
- Location: Bournemouth, United Kingdom
- Age of students: 16+ years
- Language of instruction: English.
The Bournemouth School of English is one of the most versatile language centres in the UK. Combining traditional pedagogical methods and modern teaching materials, manuals, they offer English language courses for students of any age, of any initial level of knowledge. In addition to general English improving programs, there is an opportunity to prepare for a variety of language tests (BULATS, IELTS, Cambridge). Thanks to the initial testing and group distributions, each student studies in the class that is most suitable for him, where he learns comfortably and effectively.
Programs can be individually adapted to each student, because no two students are identical. Abilities, interests and language needs help to create a personalized course that guarantees rapid and sustainable progress. Part-time or full-time employment – there are opportunities for every student.
Since The Bournemouth School of English is small, teachers can form small groups for classes and give each of them personal attention. The ratio of teachers to students is 1: 4, classes are usually 8 people. You will feel comfortable, develop in a friendly, calm, friendly environment.
The school has an international composition of students - most of the students come here from:
- Czech republic. Only 22 nationalities!
Approximately 10% of students are not Europeans, representatives of Arab culture and Asian countries. The median age was 24-27 years. Children 10-15 years old are invited to summer programs, students under 10 years old can take individual lessons.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in The Bournemouth School of English
Accommodation, meals, prices
Students of Bournemouth School of English are offered two accommodation options.
This is a great opportunity to practice English outside the classroom with its direct speakers! The option is available all year round.
A private room in a shared residence near the city center is an option for independent, freedom-loving students who want to find new friends and at the same time are ready to take care of themselves. There are options for rooms with and without bathrooms (shared bathrooms on the floor).
If desired, the school will help you choose a third-party residence, hotel, hostel, apartment or room for rent.
Cost of living (per week per person):
- Private room, half board = 120£
- Double room, half board = 100£.
- Accommodation fee (registration) = 50£
- Meals – full board (+7 lunches per week) = 15£/week
- Summer tuition (July to August) = 20£/week
- Students under 18 years of age = 30£/week
- Special requests (for meals or room facilities) = 20£/week.
Activities The Bournemouth School of English
The extracurricular program is no less important than the academic one! Bournemouth has a lot to offer foreigners, and Bournemouth School of English is ready to provide your interesting, informative leisure time. There are a lot of students among the population, so you will feel like a fish in the water. As many as 7 miles of coast and promenades, a beautiful and cozy city center, shopping, cultural centers and museums, bars, pubs, cafes and restaurants - choose to your taste!
The entire southern region of England, where Bournemouth is located, also deserves attention. The school will easily organize for you an excursion or a trip for the weekend, provide a transfer, tickets, a guide or an accompanying person, will advise interesting places to visit. The following destinations are particularly popular:
The school provides any needs of students when traveling:
- Local bus passes
- Discounts on taxi rides
- Train tickets throughout the UK
- Airport shuttle
- Trips to London (if desired , with accompaniment)
- Day trips and visits to interesting places, cities, attractions.
Schedule of lessons at school at the standard course
- 9:30-11:00 = first lesson, break.
- 11:15-12:45 = second lesson, lunch.
- 13:30-14:30 = third lesson, break.
- 14:45-15:45 = fourth lesson, break.
- 16:00-17:00 = fifth lesson.
Facilities and equipment at The Bournemouth School of English
The school is ideally located in the centre of Bournemouth, a safe, famous and vibrant city in the south of England. 11 well-equipped classrooms provide a pleasant and efficient learning experience: grades 1-5 are located in the main building, 6-11 in the newly built new building. Comfortable furniture, blackboards, equipment – everything is ready for practical activities.
There are cozy living rooms for relaxation, where coffee machines, upholstered furniture, widescreen TV, PC with network connection are located. Internet access is available throughout the campus (unlimited WiFi), in three computer labs. Vending machines with snacks and drinks, sweets are installed
Admission dates and extra charges
The school is open all year round, except for two weeks of holidays at Christmas, official public holidays and weekends.
Additional costs not included in the price
- Registration fee = 80£
- Visa Clearance Letter = £20
- Student Card = £5
- Additional learning materials = £40
- Entrance test for the level of knowledge = 15£.
The cost of language exams is also paid separately (please note: the pass centers can change it):
- PET = 103£
- FCE = 168£
- CAE = 171£
- CPE = 174£
- BULATS = 135£
- IELTS = 190£.
Transfer — one way, bus
- Bournemouth Airport = 6£
- Southampton Airport = 15 £
- Heathrow = 30£
- Gatwick = 40£
- Stansted = £50.
Transfer — one way, taxi
- Bournemouth Airport = £50
- Southampton Airport = £80
- Heathrow = 150£
- Gatwick = 180£
- Stansted = 200£.
Local bus passes – children's (up to 19 years old) and adults respectively (valid around the clock, unlimited trips):
- 7 days = 14£/15£
- 14 days = 28£/30£
- 30 days = 49£/52£
- 90 days = 135£.
The language school has an agreement with a local taxi service (PRC Streamline Taxis), according to which students can drive the company's cars at a 10% discount.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about The Bournemouth School of English
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.