ETC International College
Description of ETC International College
- Location: Bournemouth, England,
- Established: 1989,
- Language of instruction: English,
- Type: mixed.
ETC International College is a leading college in Bonmouth, offering English language programs, higher education courses and additional education.
The institution has a strong teaching staff, including highly qualified teachers with many years of experience in teaching foreign students. In the process of teaching, teachers use modern methods that combine the use of both "paper" resources and new technologies.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in ETC International College
Accommodation, meals, prices
Many foreign students from the age of 12 who come to study at ETC choose accommodation in the homes of host families. Students believe that this option will allow them to better learn the culture and customs of the locals, regularly practice spoken English. Family homes are within walking distance of the city center and the school campus. Residents are provided mainly with single rooms, meals are organized differently depending on the day of the week:
- Weekdays: breakfasts and dinners,
- Weekends: breakfasts, lunches and dinners.
If the child has any dietary requirements for food, family members will definitely take this into account. The cost of living in a host family is from 170 to 260 £ per week.
The student residence is ideal for students who want a more independent life. It is located next door to the campus and can accommodate up to 60 people. Residents are accommodated in rooms with private bathrooms and use common areas: a living room with a TV and a game console, a self-study class, a laundry room. Free Wi-Fi access is available on site, and cleaning and linen change takes place weekly.
Accommodation in the residence will cost 130-250 £ per week. For an additional fee, you can include breakfast (+ £ 49), breakfast and dinner (+ £ 112) or diet meals (+ £ 132) in the accommodation package.
Activities ETC International College
Every week, employees conduct a free program of activities, including sports competitions and football, volleyball, badminton and basketball. This is just one of the areas of thematic events that students can attend.
On a regular basis, the school organizes tourist trips around the UK: students will be able to visit the Jurassic Coast, London, Oxford, Bath and many other places.
The city of Bournemouth offers a variety of entertainment: historical, traditional, modern:
- A hundred-year-old tradition of lighting candles,
- Night of fireworks,
- Seasonal markets, souvenir shops,
- Ferry crossings to Brownsea Island,
- Excursions to local gardens.
- Small classes of up to 18 people,
- Accreditation of all programs by the British Council,
- Courses for children and adults,
- Multiple accommodation options.
Facilities and equipment at ETC International College
The modern infrastructure of the school allows students to gain the best knowledge and experience - the territory is equipped with:
- Classrooms with interactive equipment,
- Library and reading room,
- Specialized laboratories,
- Two computer rooms,
- Recreation areas with table tennis,
- Courtyard for relaxation, communication, self-study,
The institution has three buses running between the campus, the homes of the host families and the residence every weekday.
Admission dates and extra charges
The duration and start dates of the courses differ from each other, some of the programs are flexible and adapt to the wishes of the student.
An approximate list of additional costs:
- Accommodation and meals - from £ 130 per week,
- Books for rent – £5 (refundable deposit),
- Workbooks and other resources - 25-35 £,
- The fee for an extra night is £ 30-40 in a host family, £ 35-50 in a residence,
- Transfer from / to the airport (Heathrow, Gatwick, Luton, Stansted, Bournemouth, Southampton, London Central) - from 45 to 270 £ per person,
- English exams range from £130 to £235.
- Filling out the online form and providing the necessary documents,
- A visit to the campus for language testing,
- Receiving an official letter of invitation to study.
Graduates can use the certificates obtained in different areas of their lives: when entering a university, applying for a job or obtaining a long-term visa. Students who have completed higher education programs have the opportunity to immediately start a career in their chosen specialty.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Some courses have an age requirement: from 14 or 16 years old at the time of admission.
- All foreign students must provide personal documents: birth certificate / passport and passport, health insurance and vaccination card, visa or residence permit,
- Certificate of English proficiency: the required level depends on the program,
- Academic documents (for adult students): reports on previous education, letters of recommendation.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about ETC International College
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.