Cavendish School of English
Description of Cavendish School of English
- Established: in 1983
- Location: Bournemouth, England
- Age of students: 9-16 years old (vacation), 16+ (year-round)
- Type of education: mixed
- Type of stay: host family
- Language learning: English.
The network of language schools Cavendish School of English was founded in 1983 and today is considered one of the most respected, prestigious and sought-after, has specialized accreditations (British Counsil, English UK) and offers a truly impressive variety of curricula and courses for both adults and for kids.
Qualified and experienced staff (administrators, mentors and educators, tutors and teachers of English) are the main pride of the school: each employee is carefully and carefully selected, which can not but affect the quality of education. In Cavendish they will always help with the solution of any problem, will give due attention and care, will simulate the program specifically for a particular student.
Of course, choosing a language course, the student seeks to develop all the basic competencies and skills:
- Listening (listening comprehension)
- Vocabulary (active vocabulary expansion)
- Oral speech (spoken English)
- Phonetics (correct pronunciation, accent correction)
- Improving communication skills.
In Cavendish, the priority direction is live communication, vocabulary expansion, improvement of oral speech and listening skills. It is these abilities that will help the student quickly get used to the new English-speaking environment, learn the information submitted in another language, and have no problems with communication. The desire to improve these abilities is subject to both academic and extracurricular activities - excursions, events and holidays, optional classes and entertainment.
Since the founding of the school, more than 200 thousand students have graduated from Cavendish, and most of them agree: this is an excellent school, professional and modern. Family nature of the business provides an individual approach and a truly warm, comfortable and relaxed atmosphere inside educational institutions for both adults and students.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Cavendish School of English
Accommodation, meals, prices
1. In the Bournemouth language school, accommodation is offered in host English families, carefully selected and verified by Cavendish representatives. The host family provides the opportunity to constantly practice the language with its immediate speakers, to get closer acquainted with the English traditions and customs, the way of life of an ordinary family.
As a rule, students are provided with comfortable double bedrooms (up to 4 students live in one family), fully equipped with everything you need + half board (weekdays, full board at weekends). The school independently organizes a transfer from the host homes to the school (4 times a day), which fully meets the requirements of safety and childcare.
Adult students can stay in host families with some options:
- Standard accommodation
- With additional bonuses: a larger room, a private bathroom, internet access, a single bedroom, etc.
2. Also in Bournemouth there is an opportunity to book a room in the residence (about 10 minutes walk from the school) - this is usually an offer for students of summer and seasonal courses:
- For adults: a room for 1-2 people with shower / bath, air conditioning, TV and telephone
- For teens and children: “apartments” for 6-8 bedrooms with a common area for relaxing and socializing, bathrooms, boarding meals (three times a day).
On request, you can connect additional options for your meals (price per day, must be booked in advance):
- Vegetarian = £ 6.50
- Vegan = £ 6.50
- Low fructose = £ 4
- Lactose-free = £ 6.50
- Halal = £ 8.50
- Gluten free = £ 8.50.
Activities Cavendish School of English
The extracurricular program for students is balanced and diverse - the administration seeks to show foreigners all the features of British culture, art, architecture and history.
It should be noted that Cavendish (unlike many other schools) uses its own buses for transfer and trains its own guides for their trips: these are professional, friendly, educated specialists who make every excursion rich and exciting.
Every day, several activities and extracurricular activities are organized on campus at once:
- Creative circles and workshops
- Sports and Tournaments
- Joint screenings
- Discos and happy holidays and much more.
Facilities and equipment at Cavendish School of English
Bournemouth Britons call the “city of gardens on the coast”, the English Riviera: it is a popular and lively resort with beautiful sandy beaches (which are 10 kilometers long), the widest possibilities for shopping, recreation, entertainment and various festivals and holidays. In addition, Bournemouth is considered one of the sunniest cities in the country, featuring clean air and a high level of security - an ideal place to relax and study for both adults and children and teenagers. From the city you can easily reach London and other British cities, historic sites and cultural monuments.
Cavendish School occupies three beautiful Victorian mansions in a green park, surrounded by gardens and completely renovated for modern and effective learning:
- Bright and spacious classrooms, classrooms, lecture halls with interactive whiteboards and multimedia equipment
- Cozy living rooms for relaxation
- Garden area with palm trees, barbecue area during the summer months
- Modern computer labs (all PCs are connected to the Internet)
- Free wifi
- Vending machines with drinks and snacks
- Air conditioning system
- Glazed winter garden
- Spacious dining room
- General multifunctional hall: for events, meetings, film screenings, etc.
- Rest area "Little London" with all the iconic sights of the English capital: double-decker buses, red telephone weekdays, etc. Here you can eat in one of the cafes or restaurants.
Admission dates and extra charges
The tuition fee completely depends on the chosen course and its subject (the price is indicated for a week):
Courses for adults (without accommodation):
- General English (24 weekly lessons):
- 1-12 weeks = £ 150
- 13-25 weeks = £ 140
- 26+ weeks = £ 130.
- Intensive English (29 lessons):
- 1-12 weeks = £ 190
- 13-25 weeks = £ 180
- 26+ weeks = 170 £.
3) Super Intensive English (34 lessons):
- 1-12 weeks = £ 220
- 13-25 weeks = £ 210
- 26+ weeks = £ 200.
4) Business English (20 General English + 5 thematic lessons + 4 conversational lessons):
- 1-12 weeks = £ 200
- 13-25 weeks = £ 190
- 26+ weeks = £ 180.
Courses for adults have the Premium option: it gives you the opportunity to study in smaller classes (8 people, not 12), 1 weekly half-day excursion, full insurance. Premium supplement is £ 30 per week (regardless of the chosen theme).
5) Preparation for language exams (25 lessons weekly, duration 4-12 weeks):
- FCE = £ 210
- CAE = £ 210
- IELTS = £ 210.
The IELTS preparation program starts every Monday year-round. The exams themselves can also be taken in Bournemouth (we’ll specify the exact dates for you manager): the exam service fee is 140 £ (paid separately).
6) Individual education (one-to-one):
- 10 lessons = £ 400
- 20 lessons = £ 800
- 25 lessons = £ 1000
- 30 lessons = £ 1200.
The specified number of lessons is calculated for 7 days, the recommended period of study is 4-12 weeks.
7) Combined programs (group (20) + individual lessons (5)):
- Standard = £ 249
- Premium = £ 309.
These options are not available during the high season (from June to August).
Programs for students:
- Winter camp (January 2 - February 2):
- Premium = £ 387 / week
- 10-day course = £ 632.
- Spring season (April 14-27):
- Premium = 479 £ / week
- 10-day course = £ 759.
3) Standard Summer Camp (June 23 - September 7), price per week:
- Residence = £ 588
- Family = £ 497.
4) Premium Summer Camp (June 23 - September 7), price per week:
- Residence = £ 645
- Family = £ 552.
5) Premium Summer Camp, a two-week intensive course (July 7-August 17):
- Residence = £ 686
- Family = £ 593.
6) Two-week Premium Football Camp (July 28 - August 10):
- Family = £ 562.
7) Autumn camp (October-November):
- Premium = 439 £ / week
- 8-day course = £ 532.
The specified price is not included and is charged additionally:
- Registration fee
- Exam Board
- Additional academic and language classes (optional)
- Additional leisure activities and excursions (optional): for example, a trip to Thorpe Park = £ 49
- Return flight tickets
- Transfer = 25 £ / one way
- Mandatory Medical Insurance
- Personal pocket expenses
- Visa fees and services, translation and certification of documents
- Consular fee (paid at the Embassy).
- One way transfer - Heathrow 170 GBP
- One way transfer - Gatwick 190 GBP
- One way transfer - Stansted 250 GBP
- One way transfer - London City 270 GBP
- One way transfer - Luton 205 GBP
- One way transfer - Bournemouth 50 GBP
- Special diet food 7 GBP
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Cavendish School of English
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.