Indian Institute of Technology — Bombay
Description of Indian Institute of Technology — Bombay
- Established: 1958
- Location: Mumbai, India
- Number of students: 10,079 people
- Students age: 17+
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of studying: mixed .
The Indian Institute of Technology is a public technical research institute. The university was founded in 1959 as part of the state program to improve the quality of the educational system and develop the country's priority area of information technology. In 1961, the educational institution was recognized as an institute of national importance. Graduate programs in science, technology, engineering and mathematics have received international recognition. The university was opened with the support of UNESCO and the USSR, which sent its specialists and equipment to the Indian university.
Today, the educational institution offers innovative engineering programs in the most popular areas:
- Chemical, industrial, electrical engineering
One of the advantages of the university is a developed academic and scientific infrastructure - 15 academic departments, 20 centers and schools.
- Space engineering
- Chemical engineering
- Civil engineering
- Programming and Engineering
- Earth sciences
- Electrical engineering
- Energy and Engineering
- Humanities and social sciences
- Mechanical engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering and Strength of Materials
- Industrial Design.
- QS World = 172nd
- QS Asia = 34th
- THE World = 4 0 1-500
- THE Asia = 69th
- NIRF Overall = 3
- Outlook India = 3
- The Week = 2.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Indian Institute of Technology — Bombay
Accommodation, meals, prices
Students live in hostels located on campus and off campus, with amenities:
- Rooms for 1-4 people
- The shops
- Air conditioning
- Study area
- Rest zone.
Activities Indian Institute of Technology — Bombay
The university regularly hosts festivals, exhibitions and master classes from invited experts. Interest clubs are organized for students:
- Drama circle
- Literary club
- School of Music
- Scientific communities.
Facilities and equipment at Indian Institute of Technology — Bombay
The university is located in the western region of Mumbai. The campus consists of four departments, including modern classrooms, laboratories, research centers and 18 hostels. The campus area is 550 acres. Sanjay Gandhi National Park is located next to the university. Student infrastructure includes:
- 2 swimming pools
- Sports complex
- Library center
- Areas and fields for team sports.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Indian Institute of Technology — Bombay
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.