The Indian Institute of Technology is a public technical research institute. The university was founded in 1959 as part of the state program to improve the quality of the educational system and develop the country's priority area of information technology. In 1961, the educational institution was recognized as an institute of national importance. Graduate programs in science, technology, engineering and mathematics have received international recognition. The university was opened with the support of UNESCO and the USSR, which sent its specialists and equipment to the Indian university.
Today, the educational institution offers innovative engineering programs in the most popular areas:
One of the advantages of the university is a developed academic and scientific infrastructure - 15 academic departments, 20 centers and schools.
The university offers dual and classic programs lasting from three to five years. Popular bachelor's programs:
Students live in hostels located on campus and off campus, with amenities:
The university regularly hosts festivals, exhibitions and master classes from invited experts. Interest clubs are organized for students:
The university is located in the western region of Mumbai. The campus consists of four departments, including modern classrooms, laboratories, research centers and 18 hostels. The campus area is 550 acres. Sanjay Gandhi National Park is located next to the university. Student infrastructure includes:
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.