- TOP-5 requirements for international applicants to enter schools in Scotland
- Admission to the leading school of Scotland Gordonstoun School
Studying abroad has many advantages, but it's not an easy task to enter a prestigious educational institution. The reason for this is the rigorous competitive selection, and the possible difference in educational systems of a foreign student's native country and Scotland. The main conditions for entering schools in Scotland, which everyone is facing, are listed below.
TOP-5 requirements for international applicants to enter schools in Scotland
- Requirement # 1. Age criteria
When choosing a Scottish school, it is worth considering that not all schools accept children of all ages: some establish a complete restriction, while in others one can live in residences only after reaching a certain age. In addition, the principle of education in the Scottish school - the linkage of age to a certain educational level, which also gives rise to some difficulties with admission.
- Requirement # 2. Tuition fees
The cost of studying in the educational centers of Scotland is quite high and not everyone can afford it. The pupil's parents will have to prove their solvency by providing a certificate from the bank or by paying a long period of study at the school.
- Requirement # 3. Language proficiency
A foreign student should know the language well, have a developed communicative skill and a good language base.
- Requirement # 4. Acquaintance with the school curriculum
A good level of academic preparation will help to quickly adapt and cope with the academic load. Schools in Scotland participate in various British rankings and care for their reputation, so they select only strong and interested students
- Requirement # 5. Advance preparation.
It is recommended to prepare for entering school as early as possible, and also to take into account that the time limits for entering schools are quite strict. So it is necessary to equip with accurate and up-to-date information about the educational system and the nuances of admission to the chosen school.
Admission to the leading school of Scotland Gordonstoun School
Gordonstoun School is a prestigious school in the Scottish city of Elgin, popular with foreigners and famous throughout the world for its outstanding students.
- The school invites foreign students who have reached the age of 8 and older. Students are accepted in any year of study
- Tuition fees from £ 7000 per semester + exam costs, consular fees, school uniform, airfare, etc.
- Language proficiency: entry into primary school is possible after confirmation of English proficiency; in the senior classes it is necessary to pass an interview and provide proof of language proficiency
- To study in the primary classes, only a statement is required, to high school applicants - letters of recommendation, language level confirmation, GCSE certificate or Common Entrance Examination. The beginning of the school year in September, the end of June 27
- Students are tested for knowledge of the school curriculum, provide a report card from the last place of study and a letter of recommendation. It is equally important to show a sincere desire to receive a quality education, responsibility, an active life position and creative abilities.