This course at the prestigious VFS (Vancouver Film School) is considered to be the best in Canada and takes 2nd place in the world (according to the Animation Career Review) - it has been successfully taught since 1995. This is a unique opportunity to master an amazing, creative and promising profession, to gain valuable practical skills and theoretical knowledge, to master modeling, visual effects and animation in order to qualify for the best vacancies around the world!
Students of the program constantly work with the best professionals in world-class studios with innovative, state-of-the-art equipment, create their own videos and short films. The VFS campus is over 4000 sq.m. includes everything necessary for work and productive study, group projects - and the location in the heart of Vancouver, the center of British Columbia, gives the opportunity to draw inspiration every day. Students will work with the best programs and advanced software: Photoshop, Maya, Premiere, PFTRACK, Nuke, Zbrush and others.
Starting with the foundations of art and technology and ending with educational projects, group work - everything is aimed at the practical application of a wide variety of knowledge:
- textures and shadows
- 3D animation
- the basis of the composition, etc.
In the middle of the course, each student is identified with a priority for themselves specialty: the direction indicated in the diploma will help to apply for the most profitable, prestigious positions:
- Drawing environment designer
- Designer Models
- The operator of combined surveys
- Artist of visual effects
- Painter in textures
- Artist by objects in the scene
- Assistant videographer
- Painting artist
- Technology Specialist No.D
- Lighting designer
- The artist-rotoscopist
- Artist of pre-visualization.
Teachers, consultants and mentors of the course are the best specialists and call-masters of the whole world: their total work experience exceeds 100 years! Among the partners and employers for the students of the direction are the most famous film corporations, animation and graphic studios:
- Rainmaker Naughty Dog
- Image Engine Blizzard
- Industrial Light & Magic
- Nitrogen Studios
- South Park Studios Double Negative
- Method Studios
- Zoic Sony Pictures
- Electronic Arts
- Animal Logic
- ID Software Framestore
It is enough to get acquainted with the list of famous graduates and their works in order to evaluate the effectiveness of the course:
- Shawn Walsh (producer of visual effects - "District No. 9")
- Neil Blomkamp (screenwriter and director - "Elysium", "District No. 9", "Robot named Chappi")
- Colby Juks (lead character artist - HALO4)
- Julianna Kolakis (leading character designer - "The Battle of the Titans")
- Lino DiSalvo (leading animator - "Cold Heart")
- Magdalena Dadela (model designer - Assassin's Creed game cycle)
- Aaron Gilman (the leading animator - "Iron Man-3")
- Nicholas Markel (leading artist on pre-visualization - "The Avengers").
Information for the entrants:
- Duration of the program: 1 year
- Course start: January, March, May, June, August, September (for exact dates, please contact your manager)
- You need a portfolio: up to 12 works (3D-technique, outline of characters, still lifes and drawings from nature), practical experience in the specialty is not required.