Colegio de Mexico
Description of Colegio de Mexico
- Foundation: 1940
- Location: Mexico City, Mexico
- Age: from 17 years old
- Accommodation: residence
- Language of instruction: Spanish.
The Mexican College is a university-based institution of higher education specializing in humanities. COLMEX has a high level of entry requirements, strict selection. Annually, no more than 18% of the number of applicants go to college.
The main task of COLMEX students is to participate in research, so more than 80% of students choose postgraduate programs.
- 500 students
- 180 teachers
- 7 research centers serving as faculties.
The main areas of study:
- Social sciences, sociological research
- Political Science and Technology
- Ecology, population
- Literature and language, the art of translation.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Colegio de Mexico
Accommodation, meals, prices
Students are provided with a hostel. The cost of living - from $ 300 per month, the cost of food - from $ 100 per month.
Activities Colegio de Mexico
On the campus, students can engage in football and volleyball, practice yoga, zumba. For creative students a choir is organized, a student magazine, various events are held.
Those who wish to study languages (English, German, French, Russian) can enroll in free courses.
- Award-winning quality teaching in the humanities
- Compact student groups, ease of learning
- Convenient campus
- Modern specialized library
- Exchange programs with universities in Mexico and other countries.
Facilities and equipment at Colegio de Mexico
A modern academic building with a residence is located in the historic district of Mexico City, equipped with sports facilities, infrastructure for the convenience of students and teachers. Student discounts in cafes and cafeterias are provided upon presentation of student ID.
The college’s specialized academic library is considered one of the most progressive in Latin America due to its huge funds and continuous improvement of working methods.
Free bus routes are available for students and teachers who live in the city.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- Provide documents confirming the receipt of secondary / higher education (with grades).
- Pass entrance tests of general skills and knowledge related to the future specialty (Spanish, current, national and international political issues, logical reasoning, understanding, reading, mathematics).
- Write 1 or 2 works in a limited time on the provided texts.
- Take 3 interviews of 20 minutes each with professors from the Research Center selected by the applicant.
Scholarships Colegio de Mexico
Based on the results of academic performance, the college council provides scholarships to students and graduate students.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Colegio de Mexico
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.