University of the West of Scotland
Description of University of the West of Scotland
- Year of foundation: 1897
- Location: Paisley, UK
- Age of students: from 18 years
- Type of education: mixed
- Type of residence: residence
- Language learning: English.
The University of the West of Scotland is one of the most prestigious universities in Scotland with an innovative approach to education, an extensive list of academic programs in the fields of medicine, economics, sociology, chemistry, business, sports, education, etc. The university has 4 campuses in Scotland and Central London, which allows you to immerse yourself in the cultural and social life of the country; in 2016, the university opened branches in Northern Cyprus. More than 16,000 students annually attend university, including about a thousand students from abroad.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in University of the West of Scotland
Accommodation, meals, prices
Foreign students live in comfortable rooms of student dormitories with a separate bathroom, a common living room, a kitchen, a dining room. Payment for accommodation includes bed linen, insurance, and laundry services. You must confirm the application for accommodation in a hostel before the start of the first semester (no later than July).
Activities University of the West of Scotland
The University supports the functioning of student organizations that hold events as educational and educational, and entertaining and sports format. On the territory of the university work hobby clubs, places of recreation, religious societies. Among the available entertainment:
- Attendance of concerts
- Participation in contests
- Billiards and Poker
The University of West of Scotland actively promotes the sport:
- American football
- Horseback riding
- Basketball, etc.
- High teaching standards
- The first university in Scotland to receive a British Kingdom Award in Economics and Accounting
- The first university in England accredited by Cisco , Microsoft , Macromedia
- Scottish State Nomination "Best Student Community 2016".
Facilities and equipment at University of the West of Scotland
The university is equipped with everything necessary for comfortable rest and effective work and preparation for classes. All campuses are equipped with wireless Internet, libraries work with books in paper and electronic format. Classes are held in the form of webinars, remote conferences with the help of modern devices and equipment: the university works in partnership with Microsoft , which allows students to use all the features of the software for free.
Admission dates and extra charges
The annual tuition fee is £ 9,250.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To qualify for university entry, you must meet the following requirements:
- High school diploma, diploma with higher than average grades
- Certificate of International Foundation
- IELTS certificate from 6.5
- For medical specialties - BMAT test results (UKCAT)
- For creative specialties (architects, designer, artists) - a portfolio.
- For business professions - a certificate of passage GMAT.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about University of the West of Scotland
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.