2 best private schools in Berlin for foreign students. Description, rankings, 2023 fees
- Education information
- Tuition fees at the top private boarding schools in Berlin
- Enrollment procedure at the best private schools in Berlin
- Advantages of studying in Germany
- How to go to study in Germany from other countries?
- Advantages and disadvantages of English schools
- Top 35 best schools in the USA - 2022 Smapse rankings
- Top 14 best schools in Switzerland 2022
- Top 12 best schools in Canada 2022
- Best boarding schools in England - 2022 Smapse rankings
Schulfarm Insel Scharfenberg Private School
Advanced and prestigious secondary private schools in Berlin, Germany, colleges/gymnasiums are among the most rated and popular in Europe: high standards of education are observed here, so graduates can apply for a place in a top university and subsequently build a successful international career.
It is especially valuable that in private gymnasiums and secondary schools in Berlin, as a rule, not only German, but also English is studied. English is very common not only in the country, but also abroad, so a good level of language knowledge will help in future working period of life:
A graduate become more in demand on the international labor market;
Become a more valuable and qualified specialist.
The education system in the top private schools in Berlin is clearly structured and step–by-step, international students master all compulsory disciplines gradually, constantly deepening and updating their knowledge of the subject. Successful completion of the school program will help foreign students get a diploma and certificate (secondary education, pre-university programs, language courses, etc.), which are highly appreciated by university admissions committees and increase the chances of successful admission.
Most international students are accepted from the age of 14 - after the 8th, 9th grade due to a special law with the regions of the country. But there are also a number of prestigious and proven schools that accept from the age of 10 and from the age of 12, but in the best private schools with german language of educational instractions. By the way, after the 11th grade, international children can study under the Studienkolleg program and enroll in a German state university in a year.
Berlin is a popular educational center that has concentrated best universities, research centers, colleges, and language schools in Europe. As the largest research and industrial center, Berlin attracts top scientific and technical specialists, opens up wide opportunities for internships and subsequent employment.
Give yourself or your child the opportunity to study at the best private school in Berlin. SMAPSE has gathered a number of accredited prestigious colleges and schools for foreign children and schoolchildren. You or your parents can read information about institutions, their types, reviews by clicking on the photo or name. Detailed information about the price and description, features of the educational programs is available by clicking on the program itself.
Enrollment and admission services through our company to private partner institutions in Germany are provided free of charge. We are not intermediaries.
Tuition fees at the top private boarding schools in Berlin
The price of secondary education in Germany in prestigious private schools with boarding and full board varies from 24,000 euros to 40,000 per year.
Enrollment procedure at the best private schools in Berlin
In order to enroll in a private boarding school in Berlin, foreign students will need not only a standard list of documents, but also certain language and academic knowledge.
- The main list of required documents:
- Copy of the foreign passport;
- School annual grades (report cards) for the last 2 academic years + quarter/trimester grades for the current academic year;
- Language proficiency certificates (preferably as new as possible so that they are up-to-date);
- Letters of recommendation from teachers of English and mathematics, sometimes it is possible from the headmaster;
- Motivation letter (not always);
- Registration forms and school forms;
- Interview (personal or via skype).
In addition to the above list, children are also required to take internal school tests in mathematics and English to determine whether the children are sufficiently well prepared at the time of admission to a private school.
Please note that, as the official representatives of most German private boarding schools, we help with the free selection and organization of admission to the desired schools for our students and clients.
Advantages of studying in Germany
- Studying in Germany opens up many prospects and has the following advantages:
- The prospect of an international career: the national diploma is quoted all over the world. Graduates of German universities are competent specialists in demand on the world labor market;
- Possible permanent residence in the Eurozone: for foreign students, studying in Germany means the beginning of the path to obtaining resident status;
- Practical orientation: graduates can start performing official duties without prior internship abroad.
How to go to study in Germany from other countries?
Education in Germany for children, schoolchildren, students is available from almost any age. The German educational system consists of different stages:
- Secondary stage;
- Higher professional level.
Private schools accept foreign children from 6 to 16 years old to study, there is an opportunity to enroll in studying abroad after the 9th grade.
Primary school lasts 4 years: at this stage, basic knowledge is laid for children, there is no breakdown of classes by subject.
The order of teaching, the number of hours and subjects in the country are regulated by the federal departments of each land, so there are local differences. In general, depending on the abilities and desires of the child, the choice after graduating from primary school is between:
- Mittelschule /Hauptschule /Gesamtschule – this stage corresponds to incomplete secondary education. A set of basic subjects is represented at this stage.
- Realschule/Oberschule/Sekundarschule/Fachoberschule – colleges in which children receive vocational education in one of the proposed areas (mathematics, economics, foreign languages, art).
- Gymnasium is an 8–year-old school with high requirements for the student's academic performance. Gymnasiums require, in addition to good grades, to provide a letter of recommendation or pass an entrance exam. Passing the final exams allows international students to get an Abitur certificate of maturity for admission to a college or university.
In total, secondary education in Germany takes 13 years; a student from another country can join the class in any class except the final year.
Advantages and disadvantages of English schools
|The opportunity to enter the best universities in England, USA, Canada, Switzerland, Europe, the world||Expensive|
|High quality of education and academic standards||Strong workload|
|Perfect English after graduation||The need to change the social environment; it takes time to adapt|
|Useful contacts||The difficulty of choosing the most suitable school for the child, requires a qualified specialist|
Top 35 best schools in the USA - 2022 Smapse rankings
|1||North Broward Preparatory School|
|2||Phillips Academy Andover|
|3||The Storm King School New York|
|4||Red Bank Catholic High School|
|5||Windermere Preparatory School|
|6||Shattuck St Mary's School|
|11||The Village School|
|12||Amerigo Los Angeles – Bishop Montgomery High School|
|14||Kent School USA|
|15||The Winchendon School|
|17||Marian Catholic High School Amerigo Education|
|19||The MacDuffie School|
|20||CATS Academy Boston|
|21||The Cambridge School of Weston|
|23||Amerigo Education Napa Valley|
|24||American Hebrew Academy|
|25||Northfield Mount Hermon School|
|26||Mater Dei Catholic High School San Diego Amerigo Education|
|27||American University Preparatory School Los Angeles|
|29||Kent School USA|
|31||Maine Central Institute|
|32||The Lawrenceville School|
|33||Grand River Academy Оhio|
|34||Saint John Paul II Academy|
|35||Chicago North Shore|
Top 14 best schools in Switzerland 2022
|1||College Du Leman|
|2||St. Georges School Montreux|
|3||Institut Monte Rosa|
|4||Lyceum Alpinum Zuoz|
|5||Saint-Charles Collège et Lycée|
|6||Leysin American School|
|7||Hochalpines Institut Ftan AG High Alpine|
|8||Aiglon College Switzerland|
|9||Institut Le Rosey School|
|10||Institut Montana Zugerberg|
|12||Brillantmont International School|
|14||Ecole Pre Fleuri|
Top 12 best schools in Canada 2022
|1||Brookes Shawnigan Lake|
|2||Rosseau Lake College|
|4||Columbia International College|
|6||St Andrew's College|
|7||Brentwood College School|
|9||Bodwell High School|
|10||Trafalgar Castle School|
|12||Shawnigan Lake School|
Best boarding schools in England - 2022 Smapse rankings
|1||Cardiff Sixth Form College|
|3||Queen Ethelburga's College|
|5||The National Mathematics and Science College NMSC|
|16||King's School Canterbury|
|17||ACS School Cobham|
|21||King's College St Michael’s|
|22||Mill Hill School|
|32||Prior Park College|
|36||City of London Freemen’s School|
|38||Brooke House College|
|40||St Clare's Oxford|
|42||Royal Russell School|
|48||Royal Hospital School|