Great Britain is rightfully considered the epicenter of elite secondary education and private boarding schools. When choosing an educational institution for children, do not forget that Britain is not only London, but also many other places in which a student can learn.
One of such places is the geographical center and the second largest city of England Birmingham. It is a cosmopolitan city with a lot of museums, theaters and cultural. Due to its multinationality, Birmingham is very comfortable for foreign students from all over the world. In addition, it is within easy reach of him to London. Every year, Birmingham is becoming more popular among foreign students and students. Graduates of local private schools enter the leading universities of Britain and the world, including Birmingham and Aston universities, Oxbridge (Oxford and Cambridge universities). Academic program of popular boarding schools allows applicants to choose the highest school of the highest level.
Why choose a boarding school in Birmingham
- In Birmingham, private schools are located both in the city and outside of the city. If you want your child to study in an atmosphere of peace and quiet, a boarding school in the countryside will respond to this request. At the same time, the child will not study "in the wilderness" - the educational institution provides a transfer to both students and their parents;
- For foreign students in schools, special language programs are organized, in which students quickly get rid of the language barrier and communicate with classmates from Britain on an equal basis;
- Every English private school cares about observance of own traditions. At the same time, the atmosphere in different educational institutions is very different. Free clothes or school uniform, strict discipline or a creative atmosphere - you can choose a boarding house according to your own wishes;
- Students of British boarding schools are not only learning the academic program, but also a lot of creative directions. Students draw and engage in music, mastering design and acting. For talented students, the best conditions are created here;
- The boarding schools closely monitor the child's physical development and offer a wide variety of sports activities: gymnastics, golf, football, hockey, tennis, rowing and traditional British cricket;
- British schools are famous for their great attention to the conditions of boarding. Although students are away from their parents, mentors and curators carefully monitor the physical and psychological state of each student, his comfort;
- In private schools in Birmingham, students study in small classes of 10-12 people. Thanks to this, the teacher can give maximum attention to the individual characteristics of each child;
- Birmingham is a city of students. For students from abroad, this is an opportunity to experience the atmosphere of educational Britain and prepare for admission to the university.
Choose a boarding house in Britain, the family can, based on several basic criteria:
- Tuition fees. The cost of tuition in British schools is an average of 15,000 to 50,000 £ a year with full board;
- Age of the student. Some of the boarding schools have primary education programs for children from 7-8 years old, others take only intermediate-level education, others, for example, Abbey College Birmingham - from age 14;
- Separate or mixed education. Many elite schools in Britain teach only boys or girls;
- Adaptation for foreign students. As a rule, the higher the percentage of foreign students in the school, the more saturated the program of the day off is offered in it.
- King Edward VI High (for girls)
- King Edward's School (for boys)
- Abbey College Birmingham
- The Royal Wolverhampton School.
Most British schools take on the initial stage of education - prep school - students from the age of 9, when the child is already ready to live in a boarding house away from parents and managed to master English at least at a basic level. In high school - for GCSE - take students 14-16 years. Here, young people learn for 4 years. In high school - Sixth form - students master the programs A-level, IB or BTEC.
Elite schools require a certain level of knowledge of the English language from the applicant. Sometimes you need to pass a special language program, which will allow the student to cope with the introductory tests.
- report card for 2-3 years;
- a copy of the applicant's passport;
- letters of recommendation from teachers and mentors in English or with translation;
- International Certificate in English, which can replace the entrance test in this subject;
- completed questionnaire in English;
- interview - personal or on skype.