Almaty Management University (ALMA, International Academy of Business)
Description of Almaty Management University (ALMA, International Academy of Business)
- Founded: 1996
- Location: Almaty (modern Nursultan), Kazakhstan
- Number of students: 2000
- Rating in Kazakhstan: 23.
The history of Almaty Management University began in 1996, when the School of Management was awarded the status of the Academy. The university is constantly evolving, moving towards its goal, and in 2014 it was given the status of a university. The development does not stop now - the university leadership has many plans, and by 2025 Almaty Management University will become world famous: the teaching staff and the board of trustees of the university have no doubt about this.
The main values of the university are responsibility, a sense of freedom, the development of leadership qualities, the creation of friendly teams with a common goal and partnership for the benefit of society. AlmaU offers tuition at 4 schools:
- Graduate School of Business
- Graduate School of Management
- Graduate School of Public Policy and Law
- School of Engineering Management.
Over the years, the university has received a number of awards and certificates recognized throughout the world: a university diploma is valued by major international employers. In the market of business schools in the CIS, the university takes first place. Training is possible in English and Russian.
Grants for training are available for talented students: discounts from 15% to 100% - you can get them with excellent performance and victory in olympiads and contests. The university’s representative offices in Astana, Shymkent, Kyzylorda, Atyrau, Aktobe and Ust-Kamenogorsk train specialists in the field of small and medium-sized businesses, seminars are held here.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Almaty Management University (ALMA, International Academy of Business)
Accommodation, meals, prices
In 2019, it is planned to commission the university hostel - before its opening, students have to rent rooms and apartments in different areas of the city. Students can eat in the student cafeteria, coffee shop and VIP-cafe.
Activities Almaty Management University (ALMA, International Academy of Business)
The university has at its disposal two large buses for various student trips. Much attention is paid to sports culture: a fitness center, sports grounds are equipped, football, basketball, volleyball, sambo and karate sections are functioning.
Facilities and equipment at Almaty Management University (ALMA, International Academy of Business)
The university management strives to better equip each room: in addition to the educational buildings, the university has a large library and copy centers, an interactive museum, and a courtroom is equipped for practical classes of students of the Law School. The university has 13 computer classes, more than a hundred video projectors, free Wi-Fi.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year is divided into 2 semesters. Additional costs range from $ 130 to $ 264 per month for accommodation (depends on the selected conditions and area of residence), from $ 100 to $ 200 per month for meals and about $ 100 -170 for other expenses.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The selection committee works from June 20 to August 25. In addition to standard documents (certificate, photos, application, medical certificate), you must provide a certificate of unified or comprehensive testing.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Almaty Management University (ALMA, International Academy of Business)
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.