Allama Iqbal Open University (AIOU) is the world's fourth largest public university. Every year, more than 1,120,000 students study full-time here, and more than 3,300,000 students study distance courses. The university has 44 regional centers and a campus in Pakistan, the main building is located in the capital - Islamabad.
Open universities, like AIOU,are used in several countries to educate and train people who are unable to leave their jobs and household chores for full-time study. Education takes place through correspondence courses, lectures, seminars, and practices.
AIOU is based on an academic structure: faculties, educational departments and institutes. They are supported by administrative and service departments.
Training takes place in semesters - there are two of them in the academic year: in spring and autumn for six months.
Reception is open before each semester:
Admission to phD/M.Phil is open once a year – from December to January.
To enter SSC programs, you will need to pass the "matriculation certificate" exam - the final exam of secondary school.
A student who has at least a bachelor's degree has the right to enter the magistracy in the appropriate direction.
Material assistance is provided in the form of small payments (scholarships) or covering the full cost of training. Scholarship holders are considered successful students in their studies, and the full price of the courses is paid by students-relatives of teachers.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.