Lahore University of Management Sciences began its history in 1985 as a non-profit private institution. Despite its relatively recent existence, Lahore University is already ranked in the top five national universities and in 5% of the most prestigious universities in the world. The mission of the university is the maximum development of students, regardless of their financial capabilities, social conditions, religion, gender.
The university has five specialized schools:
Each school is named after a nationally significant person: Mushtak Ahmad Gurmani, Sayed Babar Ali, Ahmad Hasan.
The official language in Lahore is Urdu, but due to the large number of foreign students, teaching is also conducted in English. About 3900 people study at the university. The teaching staff numbers over 200 specialists, many of whom have doctoral degrees.
List of available directions:
List of educational directions:
The University of Lahore has a campus, where accommodation is provided for all international / nonresident students. The two-story campus is located on an area of 100 acres, consists of seven male and female dormitories.
The list of sports sections exceeds 40 directions, 16 of which are the main ones:
Depending on the chosen faculty, students are offered additional classes and visits to thematic circles.
After school hours, students have the opportunity to visit the library of the university, which contains more than 350,000 volumes. The library also provides help desk services, photocopying, viewing and listening to audio and video materials, etc.
A sports center with an Olympic-sized swimming pool is located on the campus.
Educational process takes place in semesters with a duration of 14-15 weeks. Holidays are held on national holidays, as well as:
Foreign citizens need to obtain a visa of the country for admission.
Upon admission, the selection of students is carried out according to the following factors:
The university has a NOP program, under which more than 35% of students receive scholarships. To receive material benefits, a student must have excellent academic success and active participation in extracurricular development.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.