- Some theoretical information
- Exposition features
- "War is war, and lunch is on schedule"
- Interesting Facts
Where else, if not in Bordeaux - the main wine region of the world - could you arrange a wine museum? The place is young - it has been operating for only 12 years, but during this time the museum has gained popularity among tourists. If you want to make sure that a glass or two of red dry at dinner will not hurt, but will be beneficial, that there are at least ten reasons for drinking wine every day, then this place is a must-visit. And in addition to proofs, you will be given a short excursion into the history of the drink, they will tell you about the tricks of its choice and use, and even give you a taste - not a museum, but a fairy tale!
Some theoretical information
The Wine Museum is a fairly young facility: it was founded in 2008 in the province of Bordeaux, the country's main wine-making province. The building is located in the Karthezians quarter (a historical place of the village of winemakers), and the construction was initiated by the Association of Historical Winemaking. In record time, the museum has won the recognition of local residents and visiting tourists.
First of all, attention should be paid to the building of the museum of the 18th century. Its peculiarity is that it has come down to us in excellent condition and practically did not require restoration.
Inside the museum you will find:
- Spacious living room where winemakers took wine and lowered it into the cellar
- The next two floors in the 19th century served as a workshop: here wine was poured, stickers were glued on bottles and orders were completed
- Forged staircases that lead to living rooms and to the roof, where a special rainwater collection system is located to maintain the temperature required for wine cellars
- The exposition includes many relics and objects reflecting the history of winemaking in the country: photographs, documents, old devices and containers, books and manuscripts, sea routes along which wine was delivered.
The guides will tell you about the difference in wine varieties, share the secrets of the recipe and conduct a tasting of two varieties of local wine - the appellation.
"War is war, and lunch is on schedule"
After tasting the fine wines, you will definitely want to eat. The best restaurants in the province are located around the museum - a marketing ploy, not otherwise:
- The godfather
- Musee du Vin
- MARCELLO Ristorante
- Creperie framboise
- Les parisiennes
- Passy delices
- Huîtres et Saumons de Passy
- Aux Merveilleux de Fred.
- The mansion, which houses the Wine Museum, was built in 1720
- In the quarter of the Carthusians, the largest wine deals were made and the whole cycle of issues related to production, storage, sale and delivery was resolved.
- One of the most interesting exhibits of the museum is the crossbow, which allows you to shoot at the animals living in the vineyards without metal debris.
The object belongs to museums.