Weizmann Institute of Science is a prestigious state-type university located near Tel Aviv, in the Israeli city of Rehovot. The educational institution was founded by the famous chemist Chaim Weizmann in 1934. The university with an emphasis on scientific activity presented the world with 6 Nobel Prize winners and 3 Turing Prize winners.
Today, the Chaim Weizmann Research Institute is a globally recognized center in scientific fields such as physics, medicine, mathematics and natural sciences. A large research center operates on the basis of the university, where more than 800 scientific research is carried out.
The educational process is closely related to the scientific activities of the university: for students this gives excellent chances to build a career in the academic world. The Weizmann Institute of Science has excellent scientific and technical equipment for the professional education of specialists of the highest level. Today 3800 scientists work in the research centers of the university.
The scientific center of the university has made a great contribution to the understanding of rare genetic diseases, oncology, astrophysics, neurobiology. The Faculty of Medicine is world renowned for its research in genetics, cytology, immunology.
All programs of the university (bachelor's, master's, doctoral studies) are held in English.
List of university faculties:
Place of the university in the rankings:
List of popular programs:
A master's degree can be obtained at all faculties of the university:
Students live in furnished student residences apartments.
List of accommodation services:
The university is located on a small campus in a subtropical park. There is a unique laboratory on campus - the Koffler particle accelerator, which has become an informal symbol of the university.
Most often, undergraduates and doctoral students receive financial support from the university.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.