University of Haifa (HU) was founded in 1963 and is the highest state educational institution in Israel. The university has 18,000 students, 1,200 of whom are foreign nationals from more than 550 countries. The curriculum of the university allows you to get both standard education and specialization in narrower areas (underwater archeology, preschool education, museum work, etc.) HU occupies
7th position in the national ranking and is a member of the Global U8 Consortium (GU8) group.
Bachelor's study programs are implemented in two study areas: two-tier specialization - two main academic departments, where 60 credits are earned at each department, or one-tier specialization, in which 120 credit points must be successfully obtained. Different departments and study programs may have more credits.
The university campus is located in Haifa and includes its own library.
The academic year at the university is divided into trimeters and begins in October.
To enter the university you must provide:
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.