The University of the Philippines Diliman (UPD) was created in 1908 under Law No. 1870 of the Philippine Legislature to "in-depth study of literature, philosophy, the arts and sciences, as well as the professional and technical training of every qualified student, regardless of age, gender, nationality religious beliefs or political affiliation. ”
A general education program is a set of courses classified by the fields of art and humanities, social sciences and philosophy, mathematics, science and technology, which provide students with knowledge and competencies that can better prepare them for a basic understanding of different ways of learning. This makes the UPD student a fully developed person, ready for lifelong learning skills.
Training in master / postgraduate programs allows you to receive:
The university campus has 10 dormitories: 1 for men, 4 for women and 5 mixed types. A student who wants to live in a residence must apply for admission to the hostel immediately after receiving notice of admission.
The university campus is located separately, outside the city of Quezon City and includes its own library.
The academic year is divided into two semesters with a duration of at least 16 weeks each, with the exception of registration and graduation examination periods. The second semester is followed by a six-week summer session. Class work in the summer session is equivalent to class work in one semester. The first semester begins in August, the second semester in January, and the middle semester in June.
The university has a number of programs working within the framework of the trimester system:
To enter the university you must:
Additional university requirements, such as a medical examination, or other special admission requirements established by the head of the unit and / or the relevant graduation committee may be required.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.