University of the Philippines Diliman
Description of University of the Philippines Diliman
- Established: 1908
- Type: State Higher Educational Institution
- Location: Quezon City, Philippines
- Rating: 481
- Language of instruction: English, Filipino.
The University of the Philippines Diliman (UPD) was created in 1908 under Law No. 1870 of the Philippine Legislature to "in-depth study of literature, philosophy, the arts and sciences, as well as the professional and technical training of every qualified student, regardless of age, gender, nationality religious beliefs or political affiliation. ”
Programs and prices, tuition fees in University of the Philippines Diliman
Accommodation, meals, prices
The university campus has 10 dormitories: 1 for men, 4 for women and 5 mixed types. A student who wants to live in a residence must apply for admission to the hostel immediately after receiving notice of admission.
- University scholarship programs allow you to get a discount on tuition in the amount of 33%, 60%, 80% or 100%.
- According to Quacquarelli Symods (QS) world university rankings, UPD remains the only Philippine institution of higher education among the top 400 universities in the world, ranking 356th in 2019.
- The UPD-awarded International Journalism Publishing Prize (IPA) for journal articles is awarded to faculty, researchers, and graduate students who publish in international peer-reviewed journals (Thomson Reuters-listed or SCOPUS-listed). The amount is from 55,000 ₱ to 80,000 ₱.
Facilities and equipment at University of the Philippines Diliman
The university campus is located separately, outside the city of Quezon City and includes its own library.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year is divided into two semesters with a duration of at least 16 weeks each, with the exception of registration and graduation examination periods. The second semester is followed by a six-week summer session. Class work in the summer session is equivalent to class work in one semester. The first semester begins in August, the second semester in January, and the middle semester in June.
The university has a number of programs working within the framework of the trimester system:
- evening programs Master of Business Administration and Master of Science in Finance
- Master of Management (UPD Extension program)
- Professional program Masters in Tropical Marine Ecosystems Management.
- Deposit 100 ₱
- Entrance fee 30 ₱
- Non-refundable application fee:
- 100 ₱ for citizens of the Philippines
- 200 ₱ for resident foreigners
- $ 25 for non-resident aliens
- Laboratory fees 150 ₱ -1800 ₱ / 1 laboratory item
- Cost of living 16 794 ₱ -27 398 ₱ / month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the university you must:
- High school diploma / bachelor's degree / master's degree
- The official transcript of the academic work of a bachelor / master
- Two written recommendations from former professors or experts in this field (master's, postgraduate)
- Properly completed application for admission
- Two passport format photographs
- Marriage contract (for married female applicants)
- Certificate confirming knowledge of English / Filipino.
Additional university requirements, such as a medical examination, or other special admission requirements established by the head of the unit and / or the relevant graduation committee may be required.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about University of the Philippines Diliman
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
|- we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
|- we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
|- we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
|- recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.