University of Manila
Description of University of Manila
- Founded: 1913
- Location: Manila, Philippines
- Rating in the Philippines: 214.
- Language of instruction: English.
The University of Manila was founded on October 5, 1913 as a private educational institution, Instituto de Manila. In 1921, a higher school received university status, and from that moment the educational standards of the university are controlled by the Commission on Higher Education.
The educational philosophy of this University of the Philippines is based on three “pillars”: Patria (patriotism), Scientia (love of knowledge and science), Virtus (virtue)
The structure of the University of Manila includes several higher schools, each of which provides education in specialties of a certain direction:
- College of Humanities: Cultural Studies, Economics, English, History, Japanese, Modern Languages, Political Science, Public Administration
- College of Business and Management: Banking, Business Management, Economics, Finance, Management, Marketing
- College of Education: computer science, foreign language teaching, history, physics, primary education, secondary education, social studies and not only
- College of International Relations
- College of Hotel and Restaurant Management (HRM): hotel and restaurant, hotel management
- College of Engineering: Industrial Engineering
- College of Information and Computer Science
- College of Law.
University of Manila is a member of many educational associations of state and international level: IAU, ASAIHL, PACU, PSERE, PAFTE, PAGE.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in University of Manila
Activities University of Manila
The University of Manila strives to provide its students with diverse development - for this, the Student Development Program is implemented, which includes various aspects:
- Student activities: helping students and teachers in implementing various projects
- Physical training: various sports options - gymnastics, folk dances, rhythm, sports, athletics
- Religious education: students can attend public masses and participate in the organization and conduct of religious events.
Facilities and equipment at University of Manila
The infrastructure of the university is distinguished by its modern environment and equipment, there is everything necessary for study and student support:
- Training Resource Center
- Testing and Evaluation Center.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at the University of Manila is divided into two semesters: from May to October, from November to March. The summer semester includes two months - April and early May.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Upon admission to the University of Manila, foreign students are interviewed by the admissions committee of the university. Applicants must have the following documents in their hands:
- Certificate of education (certificate or diploma of higher education)
- Copy of student passport
- Completed tuition receipt
- Grades list
- Characteristics from teachers from the previous place of study.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about University of Manila
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.