The University of Manila was founded on October 5, 1913 as a private educational institution, Instituto de Manila. In 1921, a higher school received university status, and from that moment the educational standards of the university are controlled by the Commission on Higher Education.
The educational philosophy of this University of the Philippines is based on three “pillars”: Patria (patriotism), Scientia (love of knowledge and science), Virtus (virtue)
The structure of the University of Manila includes several higher schools, each of which provides education in specialties of a certain direction:
University of Manila is a member of many educational associations of state and international level: IAU, ASAIHL, PACU, PSERE, PAFTE, PAGE.
Undergraduate programs at the University of Manila provide students with the first degree in higher education at one of the university’s schools and offer specialties from various fields:
The master's department of the University of Manila offers students gaining knowledge of the chosen specialization at an advanced academic level:
The University of Manila strives to provide its students with diverse development - for this, the Student Development Program is implemented, which includes various aspects:
The infrastructure of the university is distinguished by its modern environment and equipment, there is everything necessary for study and student support:
The academic year at the University of Manila is divided into two semesters: from May to October, from November to March. The summer semester includes two months - April and early May.
Upon admission to the University of Manila, foreign students are interviewed by the admissions committee of the university. Applicants must have the following documents in their hands:
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.