University of the east
Description of University of the east
- Founded: 1946
- Location: Manila, Philippines
- Number of students: 45,000
- Rating in the Philippines: 35.
In Southeast Asia, there are many higher education institutions practicing quality education at an international level at affordable prices. One of them is the University of the East: the university is consistently included in the top 40 universities in the Philippines and offers a wide selection of modern educational programs.
The main faculties of the university are:
- Art and science
- Computer systems
- Business School
- Fine Arts and Architecture
- Physical education.
About 45,000 students from all over the world enter the university annually: the percentage of applicants is on average 60%, but it can vary greatly depending on the faculty.
The number of teachers is more than 3000: they are carefully selected according to many criteria - at the University of the East students are guaranteed to receive high-quality knowledge that is relevant today. There are international exchange programs, the university is a member of the Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Learning (ASAIHL).
Programs and prices, tuition fees in University of the east
Accommodation, meals, prices
For international students on campus, a hostel is provided, equipped with rooms with the necessary furniture and appliances. Students can eat in the university canteens and city cafes.
Activities University of the east
In their free time, students can play sports at the equipped sites or in the gym, they are united in interest groups, engaged in creativity, developing as individuals. Periodically held sports competitions, concerts.
Facilities and equipment at University of the east
All classrooms are equipped to a high standard. A library and museum are open for students, computer classes work, there is a simulation room for students of the faculty of dentistry: this way they can get the skills necessary for further work, working them out on mannequins and simulators.
Admission dates and extra charges
At the University of the East, as in most universities in the country, the academic year is divided into 2 semesters: each of them ends with an intermediate and final assessment of past courses. Additional monthly expenses will range from $ 111 for accommodation, from $ 134 for food, from $ 100 for mobile communications, payment of utility bills and travel by public transport. Students spend $ 45 a month on leisure and other related expenses.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Admission is based on the results of entrance exams, according to the presence of high rates in the document on previous education. Most faculties require a motivation letter that reveals not only the motives for admission to a particular specialty, but also the personal qualities of the applicant.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about University of the east
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.