The University of Lagos was founded in 1962. This is one of the five first-generation universities that were built immediately after Nigeria gained independence.
The university today is more than 58,000 students, 12 faculties, more than 3,000 teachers and administrative staff, the opportunity to receive full-time, part-time and distance education.
Vision - to be an institution of higher education for students seeking to improve knowledge, acquire professional skills and develop creative abilities. The mission is to provide an enabling environment for teaching, learning, research and development, where staff and students will interact and compete effectively with colleagues around the world.
On the basis of the University of Lagos, there is a Student Affairs Department, whose competence includes:
The guesthouse is located on campus. A place is provided for all needy and foreign students, high school students and community activists — the rest is assisted by the Student Affairs Department in finding housing outside the campus.
On campus foreign students have access to:
The forces of students and teachers work:
Master's and bachelor's programs begin in autumn, in September. Most doctoral programs can be started year-round. When submitting documents, all applicants pay the registration fee and medical insurance.
In order to become a student at the University of Lagos, an applicant must fill out an online application on the site and provide:
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.