University of Lagos
Description of University of Lagos
- Established: 1962
- Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Number of students: 58,000
- Language of instruction: English
- Type: state university.
The University of Lagos was founded in 1962. This is one of the five first-generation universities that were built immediately after Nigeria gained independence.
The university today is more than 58,000 students, 12 faculties, more than 3,000 teachers and administrative staff, the opportunity to receive full-time, part-time and distance education.
Vision - to be an institution of higher education for students seeking to improve knowledge, acquire professional skills and develop creative abilities. The mission is to provide an enabling environment for teaching, learning, research and development, where staff and students will interact and compete effectively with colleagues around the world.
On the basis of the University of Lagos, there is a Student Affairs Department, whose competence includes:
- Student activities, elections, organization of debates, meetings with leaders, organization of student clubs and associations
- Management of accommodation in a dormitory, organization of events in dormitories, assistance in accommodation to foreign students
- Assistance to graduates in employment
- Scholarship and grant distribution
- Consultations, psychological assistance to students and employees, the solution of social problems, support for students.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in University of Lagos
Accommodation, meals, prices
The guesthouse is located on campus. A place is provided for all needy and foreign students, high school students and community activists — the rest is assisted by the Student Affairs Department in finding housing outside the campus.
- Large selection of specialties
- School with a rich history
- Active social support for students
- Opportunities for research
- Friendly atmosphere for international students.
Facilities and equipment at University of Lagos
On campus foreign students have access to:
- Bookstore in which students can purchase both educational and fiction
- Sports complex - for training university teams and physical education classes
- Chapel and Mosque
- Afe Babalola Hall
- Assembly hall for social events
- Lagoon Front - own beach
- A medical center where all students and staff can receive first aid and undergo an initial examination
The forces of students and teachers work:
- Medical College
- Institute of Continuing Education
- Center for Entrepreneurship and Skills Development
- Institute of Marine Research
- Institute for African and Diaspora Studies
- Graduate School
- School of basic research.
Admission dates and extra charges
Master's and bachelor's programs begin in autumn, in September. Most doctoral programs can be started year-round. When submitting documents, all applicants pay the registration fee and medical insurance.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
In order to become a student at the University of Lagos, an applicant must fill out an online application on the site and provide:
- Health insurance
- Certificate confirming foreign language proficiency at level necessary for studying
- Registration fee payment receipt
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about University of Lagos
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.