The University of Benin is the largest higher educational institution in the country, founded in 1970. The university is accredited by the National Commission of Universities and offers a wide selection of specialties of undergraduate, graduate and doctoral studies.
The original name is the University of Technology of Benin, and the modern name of the university was given in 2006. The educational institution today is about 40,000 students studying in full-time, part-time and distance learning, more than 2,000 personnel, 14 faculties and a subsidiary organization - the seminary of all the saints in Eklom.
Among the famous graduates:
The university campus is designed so that everything necessary for students is in close proximity: educational buildings, dormitories, shops, a sports complex, a cafe and a dining room. All buildings are equipped with air conditioning, necessary equipment, fully furnished.
The university’s main library, the John Hariss Library, was named after the first university librarian, Professor John Harris from New Zealand. The building of the library and reading room accommodates about 700 readers: here you can get photocopying, laminating services, the library is fully computerized.
On the basis of the educational institution work:
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.