Gombe State University was opened in 2004 in the city and state of the same name so that better education is available to the state population. The university is small, especially for the state, with only 1000 students, while the number of all university employees is also about 1000 people.
Over the 16 years of work, the university has opened several new areas, developed new training programs. Work on new areas continues in close collaboration with GSU research staff and other universities in Nigeria.
In addition to bachelor's and master's programs, Gombe state university offers a large number of short practical courses, master classes in the field of business organization, management, administration.
Gombe state university eliminates 30-40% of applicants, which indicates the prestige of the institution.
GSU offers students a dormitory; they can also rent apartments near the university. Housing in Gomba costs from $ 150 per month, meals - from $ 350.
The university has modern classrooms, research laboratories. In Gomba, a pharmacological industry is developed. GSU research in this area is closely related to the work of local pharmacological enterprises.
The university library has about 1,000,000 copies of books and periodicals. GSU has a sports hall for sports. The student dormitory has the necessary amenities.
The academic year is divided into 2 semesters, begins in October. Registration fee for international students $ 182 .
In Nigeria, university admissions, entrance examinations, and the joint admissions committee (JAMB) are involved. Foreign students who do not have a Nigeria senior high school diploma pass exams on the JAMB website. These are exams in English, mathematics, as well as profile exams.
GSU together with state organizations allocates funds for scholarships, financial assistance to students.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.