The university was founded in 1975 with the aim of training competitive specialists not only in the country but also abroad. The main mission is to serve the people of Nigeria and humanity as a whole.
Jos University plays an important role in the national education system. He was one of the first to modernize training programs, switched to a personality-oriented teaching principle, and played an important role in promoting higher education among the youth of Nigeria.
Among the honorary graduates of the university:
On campus there are several recently built dormitories with modern layouts, new furniture and appliances. For students there are canteens and cafeterias where you can eat at low prices.
On the basis of Johns University, there are:
To improve the quality of students' education, an extensive library has been created, which includes: books, periodicals, teaching aids, collections of scientific publications, documents, reports, multimedia data.
Students go in for sports, for which there is a gym with all the necessary equipment.
Campuses consist of classrooms and lecture halls equipped with computer and interactive technology.
Studying at Jos University can be started year-round.
Additional costs include: meals, accommodation, laundry, Internet access.
In order to become a student at Johns University, first of all, you need to submit an online application on the site. After the application is processed, the applicant is assigned a time when he must come to the university and bring:
Admission to some specialties requires passing entrance exams at the university.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.